Forum Index > Partners > Looking for hiking buddy
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Waterman

Waterman
PostSat Mar 28, 2015 5:54 pm 
Due to the low snow year, this looks to be a long season for hiking. I grew up hiking and skiing and have extensive experience in off trail travel. In the 80's I worked as a back country wilderness ranger in the Skykomish district. My focus has been the high alpine, remote lakes and abandoned trails. Since I live in north Everett my default area has been off highway 2, up into the north cascades. Currently I have Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday off and I'm looking for like minded individuals. My current partners are slowing down or out of the area working. While I get out on my own I find I don't push myself to go further or climb higher. I find I enjoy my self more if their is another person to turn to Have been lurking on nw hikers for a few years but never felt compelled to register. Have found this site to be great source of information, love the history link and trail reports.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,I took the one less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostSun Mar 29, 2015 4:36 pm 
hey I am in everett! will u carry the battery for my bear tazer gun??..

Magellan
Brutally Handsome

Magellan
Brutally Handsome
PostSun Mar 29, 2015 8:29 pm 
Pay no attention to that dude. He says one or two coherent things per year. Welcome to the board! I hope you find a mid week buddy.

Cody s

Cody s
PostMon Mar 30, 2015 8:42 am 
Magellan wrote:
He says one or two coherent things per year.
I think I missed a couple of those

RichP

RichP
PostMon Mar 30, 2015 10:45 am 
Similar interests here and available mid-week unless I get a real job. I'm out of the NW until late April but will shoot you a pm for some trips after then. Welcome aboard.

dicentra
Plant Geek

dicentra
Plant Geek
PostTue Mar 31, 2015 10:01 am 
I'm in the Leavenworth area. I'm free most weekdays in April (not this week though) until the summer gig starts. Add me to the list of those wanting to get out. agree.gif

BlameTheDogz

BlameTheDogz
PostTue Mar 31, 2015 1:24 pm 
Greetings and welcome! I work from home and try to get out whenever it is nice- preferably weekdays. For the past couple of years, I have been attempting to move away from trails and onto more climbers trails and bootpaths. Towards this end- and in agreement with your experience- I find I push myself harder and will drive farther to the unfamiliar when accompanied by a partner. Any trips, though, have to to be Class Dog terrain and away from the national parks ... RichP: Let's try to link up upon your return. Always nice to miss winter- especially when there isn't one. Cheers!

striving to stand like mountain yet flow like water, and make the dogs happy
forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostThu Apr 02, 2015 1:37 pm 
what I gotta mention all my threads? "frying trout in the high country" under food for one...I will come up with a few more ya dorks... oh oh "how much vasaline should I put on my balls" was a classic!!..u can find that under stewardship"gnomes need our help now" there is a link in the thread... well I know there are at least 10 good threads I started....anyway I am a GNOME NOT A DUDE..... rant.gif

HitTheTrail

HitTheTrail
PostThu Apr 02, 2015 4:34 pm 
I doubt if that post will do much for finding a partner.

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostSun Apr 26, 2015 2:41 pm 
forest gnome wrote:
....anyway I am a GNOME NOT A DUDE..... rant.gif
eyes.gif I gotta meet this gnomee dude! You got to be at next social, eh? cheers.gif Almost as funny as AH.

"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSun Apr 26, 2015 2:44 pm 
moonspots wrote:
forest gnome wrote:
....anyway I am a GNOME NOT A DUDE..... rant.gif
eyes.gif I gotta meet this gnomee dude! You got to be at next social, eh? cheers.gif
Not going to happen, he is afraid of crowds.
moonspots wrote:
Almost as funny as AH.
Not even close.
Magellan wrote:
Pay no attention to that dude. He says one or two coherent things per year. Welcome to the board! I hope you find a mid week buddy.
Links or it didn't happen.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Bill@monroe

Bill@monroe
PostTue May 19, 2015 1:06 pm 
Hello. I just registered after many years absence because I'm looking for a partner to bike/hike to Three fingers. I have been up there several times, late season before the washout. Last fall I made it to the trailhead on the bike. I do a lot of day hiking and have done a very little off trail hiking /scrambling, mostly solo. I would rather not solo this one, but I will if nobody wants to go. My plan is to bike in and camp one night, at the trailhead, Goat Flats or somewhere in between. and come back next day. I'm not rigidly committed to that plan. Mt. Stickney is another I want to do, I'm less enthusiastic about soloing that one I have been in the neighborhood but not anywhere near the summit. I would really like to see the top of Mt. Index, but would not really consider it solo. I'm always up for tagging along, I move pretty quickly and relish elevation gain. So far this season I've hiked mt. Si (haystack) a couple of times, Mailbox peak once and scrambled Silver peak for the first time. Mt. Baring, Mt. Pugh and Vesper Pk. are my idea of good challenging day hikes. I summited Mt Rainier six years ago with RMI but that's the extent of my actual "climbing" experience. Have Crampons and ice axe, and marginally adequate camping gear. I work Mon.-Thurs. and will take time off for anything interesting. I'm tied up mid June and Mid Aug. otherwise ready to go. send me a note if you think you might like to go on a hike. Thanks! Bill Jones... (360) 977-0140