Forum Index > Partners > Klone Lakes
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Twister

Twister
PostMon May 25, 2015 9:33 am 
I'm taking some people up to Klone lakes 6/5 to 6/7 got room for a few more. This is one of the few lakes that the National forest service didn't log off and has largely been forgotten so its full of fish. Its about a 2 mile off trail / Bushwack with very little elevation gain or loss. PM if interested.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostThu May 28, 2015 9:03 am 
At the moment I'm in Silverdale. Id be interested. I don't know the OP very well. Id like to try and hit up Three Peaks lake.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Twister

Twister
PostSat May 30, 2015 10:21 am 
The only Lakes around Three peaks I know about are klones. Your welcome to come along. Just send me a pm.

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostSun May 31, 2015 11:43 am 
well if bpj is seriueos about actually going....I may b as well.. hockeygrin.gif

Twister

Twister
PostMon Jun 01, 2015 5:06 am 
I have this trip posted on seattle backpackers meetup so some people will carpool from there and we will also be carpooling from my house in Grays Harbor. Just let me know which works for you?

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostMon Jun 01, 2015 8:24 am 
oh so your inviting thousands of peeps to a fragile area...oops...great the lakes will be fished out next year...please can u take it off the meet up sight...there are plenty of professional hikers to find here... up.gif sounds like an area that doesnt need a bunch of trip reports also, or just invite some friends from here, ...yes suprise eek.gif people are sensitive about great fishing lakes because soo many have been destroyed after fishing reports......or there are a dozen people there on the weekend, and trash....dingford creek is one that is getting more trash, as is builder-paer lake....

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Jun 01, 2015 2:15 pm 
At the moment I'm working on the USS Nimitz at the shipyard in Bremerton.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Twister

Twister
PostMon Jun 01, 2015 6:12 pm 
Hey Gnome I've been taking people to these lakes for 35 years very few people ever go back and they have always had healthy fish populations. Frankly i'm a little taken back by your tone you didn't have a problem about me posting on NW Hikers and inviting You.

Twister

Twister
PostMon Jun 01, 2015 6:19 pm 
Hey Backpacker Joe whenever you want to go to Klones let me Know

Ruger

Ruger
PostTue Jun 02, 2015 7:19 am 
Twister, Weird timing, but a co-worker and I have been driving around the area the past couple of weekends looking for a way into the lakes. We are going back up on the 12th. We were looking at going in from the lower abandoned road - the 700, but it appears most might be going from the 500. Can you tell me the route you are going in? Thanks!

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostTue Jun 02, 2015 9:46 am 
apologies if I seem snarky ...if like me u hav been here hiking 35years+ then u should know the old school traditions towards these types of areas...like inviting close friends u know arnt gonna blab it all over the place...and hopefully not splashing trip reports all over the friggin place... sounded like your advertizing on the other sight and mayb.wta...who knows who is going to b on the trip.... there is scant reference in trip reports, one mentions a 9y.o. kid made it into there...though I guess if none of your previous partners have been back often then THE 2M. OF X-C probably keeps out the riff-raff... perhaps it's not a high pristine area...but how many places hav u seen ruined because of trip reports, or inviting peeps u dont know on a trip? I can come up with a half dozen places that hav been fished out, or that now hav several groups EVERY FRIGGIN WEEKEND...leaving trash..even some that are pretty hard to get to... rolleyes.gif looking forward to a report and advertizing to 10,000+ here and wta eek.gif be sure to post gps waypoints and google 3-d maps.. huh.gif ha there is some snarkyniess.... hockeygrin.gif

McPuck

McPuck
PostTue Jun 02, 2015 7:52 pm 
Hey forest drone, You've obviously have never been to Klone Lakes. If you had, you would know that it is very difficult to reach. Also, there is already plenty of trash and leftover cooking utensils to spare. So, since this is not your "secret fishing hole" don't get so bent out of shape if an experienced outdoorsman offers to take a couple of newbies to a new place. He posted here to offer some of you "Professional" hikers an opportunity to get away from your computers for a couple of days... If you don't want to go or are physically unable to make it, please don't disparage others that might like to go with your superior smug attitude.

If we had some ham, we could have ham and eggs, if we had some eggs???
forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostTue Jun 02, 2015 9:02 pm 
yaa the interweb is sure the place to call it a superior and smug attitude it's all sooo clear... again apologies...and like i said before perhaps the 2m. x-c keeps out the riff raff.... rolleyes.gif facts are facts that I stand by for crappy crowds...whatever...not bent outta shape at all...am sure twister knows tradition since he's been here like me for 35+ years.... perhaps u should pm some peeps here and ask about me before passing some judgement.... hockeygrin.gif..oh I did just get back from a 3 day canoe trip... up.gif

Twister

Twister
PostThu Jun 04, 2015 5:29 am 
Hey Mcpuch when was the last time you were there? Its been a couple years for me but we packed a lot of garbage out of there and it looked pretty good.

Twister

Twister
PostThu Jun 04, 2015 5:55 am 
Hey Gnome apologies accepted, I share your concern about " Riff raff" spoiling a good thing, Spider lake and Satsop lake come to mind. But don't Blame me for publishing maps and trip reports, I've never done a trip report on Klone Lakes ( Hell its on You tube) and as far as maps go you could buy one of that area 120 years ago (how do you think I found it?) That being said I think the best way to Keep out " Riff raff" Is make it hard for them to get to ( Bad roads and an unmaintained trail} which is what klones has going for it. Anyway lets you me and McPuck do a hike sometime that be interesting.