Forum Index > Partners > Hiking and/or Climbing Buddy
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Dancing Hiker

Dancing Hiker
PostSun Jun 07, 2015 10:09 pm 
I'm a mid-fifies male who likes to do scrambles and would also like to start hiking the volcanos: Hood, Baker, Shuksan, Adams, Glacier Peak, etc., as well as some of the Olympics: Olympus, the Brothers. So far this year I've hiked Dickerman, Granite Mountain, Mt. Defiance, and last weekend made the trek to Camp Muir. I'm a strong hiker but I have short legs and I'm not incredibly fast, but actually don't get passed that much anymore. I have some climbing gear: harness, ice axe, crampons, etc., and want to climb but don't want to pay the fees to go with the guides so would love to have a second or third guy to be on a rope with. I'd need to practice some glacier travel skills but some of that could be as we go. Most of my hiking and stuff is on weekends but can easily get a Friday or Monday off with a little notice. I have a new Subaru and would be happy to drive if anyone wants to toss a few bucks in for gas. Male/female whatever, not looking to hook up just hike and climb. I'd really like to knock off Baker, Hood, and Adams in the next six weeks or so.

Dancing hiker...formerly known as slowhiker, but was afraid I'd be confused with Slow Hiker, and slowwalker.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message