Forum Index > Photography Talk > I'm screwed. Win 8.1 now, no PSE 2.0
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
xman_reborn

xman_reborn
PostSat Jun 06, 2015 3:20 pm 
mike wrote:
xman_reborn wrote:
Photoshop Elements is a failure. I will never use it again. Why? Because it won't let me browse images by hard drive location,...blah, blah, blah...Adobe is a bunch of idiots
You're the idiot. Elements does all you ask and more. And several people have stepped up with free solutions. You don't seem interested
Nice. So this is how we roll here on this site? Because I can step it up and raise the level a little. But I would prefer this: Can you just never reply to any of my posts again? You don't have much to offer anyway.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
xman_reborn

xman_reborn
PostSat Jun 06, 2015 3:25 pm 
Tom wrote:
I think you're expecting too much. Not sure why it's all that important that your photo editor needs to browse by location? That's not what a photo editor is designed to do. It's designed to edit your photos. Use FastStone Image viewer to browse by location. It you want to edit the photo just hit "E" and it will open up the photo in your desired photo editor. Problem solved. Best of both worlds.
Actually I am expecting very little. Maybe you didn't understand the backstory. Managing images by hard drive location was the default for Photoshop Elements 2. By PSE 4, the "Organizer" did not let you do this. Believe me, I spent much time on the Adobe forums asking how to do this. They tried and tried to convince me that managing my images by tags was much better. I shouldn't WANT to manage my images by where they lived on the hard drive. But you see, that's how I DO IT. Software got tossed in the garbage. Anyways, I see the Corel product can do this, so problem solved.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSat Jun 06, 2015 8:15 pm 
Sounds like you really want software to view photos organized by folders. That's what FastStone Image viewer does. I'm not sure why you would choose photo editing software based on how it organizes photos when you could use FastStone Image viewer for organizing your photos and pick the photo editor that best meets your photo editing needs. Based on your comments here I suspect you will get frustrated quickly with Corel to the extent the photo editing process and tools are different than what you are used to.

xman_reborn

xman_reborn
PostSat Jun 06, 2015 10:46 pm 
Been using the Corel product today from the free download, easy to use and does everything I want it to do. Thanks to the poster above who recommended it.

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostTue Jun 09, 2015 9:31 am 
I recommend a book on programming so you can make your own photo importing, organizing, and editing software. You can have it work exactly the way you like instead of thinking everyone else in the world is an idiot.

pnw.hiker

pnw.hiker
PostTue Jun 09, 2015 9:56 am 
My daughter's laptop was acting up and then died. She couldn't find her Windows disk, of course, to reload the system. So she bought a cheap Chromebook instead, while ridiculing me for suggesting Linux. So I got a laptop! Fired up right away on an Ubuntu live disk. Took an extra ten minutes to get the wifi working, though. I love that all those great add-block extensions are available for Linux, as well as all the best browsers. Anyway, xman_reborn, you mentioned an old computer dying. Give Ubuntu linux a try. You can download and burn a free livedisk and test drive it first before installing. It also takes less overhead than Windows and so should work better on old computers. There is a ready made link in the toolbar for downloading free software. Hit it, type in 'Gimp', and you should be good to go for your image editing. The Gimp is actually a pretty powerful program once you learn it. You can also get all kinds of free extensions for dynamic range expansion, animated gifs, stitching panoramas and so on. Also, the new USGS DRGs are served up in a proprietary GeoPDF format. The Gimp can strip that sh## away if you want to make and edit your own topo maps.

scole

scole
PostTue Jun 09, 2015 12:53 pm 
GeoPDF is just a PDF with coordinate information included when the PDF is initially created. Anyways, you can always use the Snapshot tool within Acrobat Reader to extract animage copy of a PDF. Simply zoom in to 400% in one corner of the DRG and then drag a box to the opposite corner. The image is saved to the Windows Clipboard.