Forum Index > Food & Grub > Looking for a protein pancake recipe
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
kweb

kweb
PostTue Apr 14, 2015 8:09 pm 
Just wondering if anyone here has one they enjoy. Guess I should note, these will be made at home, not while on the trail wink.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
nuclear_eggset

nuclear_eggset
PostTue Apr 14, 2015 9:26 pm 
Not specifically protein specific, but I make my pancakes with oat flour and hazelnut meal, so, between that and the eggs/milk, it comes out to a breakdown of 61g fat, 101g carbs (18g fiber), 49g protein for the full, 12-pancake recipe, or 5g fat, 8g carbs (1.5g fiber), 4g protein for each pancake. And they're really tasty.

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostTue Apr 14, 2015 10:28 pm 
FWIW: CostCo is selling some sort of high protein flapjack mix that looks interesting -- the nutritional info panel looks impresive, but I haven't tried it -- my wife is on a gluten-free kick and the kids are out of the house -- so a CostCo sized bag of flapjack mix would last just me far too long.

Magellan
Brutally Handsome

Magellan
Brutally Handsome
PostTue Apr 14, 2015 11:01 pm 
RandyHiker wrote:
FWIW: CostCo is selling some sort of high protein flapjack mix that looks interesting -- the nutritional info panel looks impresive, but I haven't tried it
I accidentally bought these 'Power Cakes' thinking they were my usual waffle and flapjack mix. Good, but a little more proteiny than I like my flapjacks. Best store mix I've ever found. Power Cakes are third on this page.

dicentra
Plant Geek

dicentra
Plant Geek
PostWed Apr 15, 2015 7:22 am 
You could just do regular instant pancake mix and add almond meal and/or protein shake powder. Or are you looking for something paleo? Gluten free?

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess
PostWed Apr 15, 2015 8:21 am 
I love this mix. Mega fiber and I add an egg or two depending upon the batch size to add more than the listed 4 grams of protein.

“If you want to forget all your other troubles, wear too tight shoes.” - Unknown
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostWed Apr 15, 2015 8:55 am 
In terms eating enjoyment, my favorite is Snoqualmie Falls Lodge Pancake mix. I don't think it is especially high protein however.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostWed Apr 15, 2015 9:14 am 
We have been using the Power Cakes for some time, they are much cheaper at Costco than at a supermarket. You do not have to eat as many to feel satisfied and they stick longer than regular. The conventional pancakes we tend to binge on and get too many carbs.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Conifers

Conifers
PostWed Apr 15, 2015 9:31 am 
Cricket Flour

Jake Neiffer

Jake Neiffer
PostWed Apr 15, 2015 11:00 am 
This simple recipe is one of my favorites. Works for pancakes, but I usually stick it in a waffle iron. 1 cup cottage cheese 4 eggs 1 cup flour (I've used regular flour, rice flour, or even oatmeal) I blend together in a Vitamix. May have to add a little milk to get the right consistency

Chico

Chico
PostSat Apr 18, 2015 10:22 pm 
I myself like regular pancake mix, Krusteaz brand, with a side of bacon or sausage.

DWB27

DWB27
PostMon Jun 15, 2015 3:36 pm 
I've made these for the fam for years - keeps a week +. Also good for the work week or taking them premade on a backpack trip in a travel cooler. 6 eggs 2/3 cup cottage cheese 2 tablespoons essential oils - Barleen's is a favorite 1 cup sweet yogurt - strawberry and honey greek is a favorite ~1 cup milk ~2.5 cups pancake mix - we like Trader Joe's ~ mix to thick pancake batter - should be between cookie dough and traditional pancake batter so varies depending on mix used. Griddle, tupperware, bam!

“Let the refining and improving of your own life keep you so busy that you have little time to criticize others." - H. Jackson Brown
pnw.hiker

pnw.hiker
PostTue Jun 16, 2015 8:27 am 
I made some gluten free waffles a while back with brown rice flour. This was the first 'gluten free' recipe I've done that came out better than the original, very crispy. You can add in an extra egg or almond flour or protein mix to bump up the protein. Also, if you have fresh herbs in the garden try a savoury version-- I had no idea waffles could be this good until my daughter made me one.