In a mile or less with less than 200 feet of gain; also have running water
And lakeside camps

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Treehugger5

Treehugger5
PostThu Jun 18, 2015 5:21 pm 
Ski wrote:
Spokane?!?! why such hate, man? wink.gif
Yeah I'm interested to know myself. In fact I grew up here (or rather between here and Montana). But I've also had the pleasure (?) of living all over this country and even outside of this country. I have lived in much bigger cities than Seattle even. Imagine. And do you know what? I'll take the weather, the summers, the affordable housing, the close proximity to outdoor activities, The lack of bugs including fleas and heartworm where animals are concerned, and the general friendliness of people here over many places.

Elrond's Rocket of Rivendell~ hiker and runner extraordinaire
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostThu Jun 18, 2015 5:57 pm 
Treehugger5 wrote:
Yeah I'm interested to know myself. In fact I grew up here (or rather between here and Montana). But I've also had the pleasure (?) of living all over this country and even outside of this country. I have lived in much bigger cities than Seattle even. Imagine. And do you know what? I'll take the weather, the summers, the affordable housing, the close proximity to outdoor activities, The lack of bugs including fleas and heartworm where animals are concerned, and the general friendliness of people here over many places.
Plus Spokane is the home of Gonzaga, so it has that going for it.

crazyhiker

crazyhiker
PostFri Jun 19, 2015 7:27 am 
Treehugger5 wrote:
Ski wrote:
Spokane?!?! why such hate, man? wink.gif
To be fair, the majority of places I listed were in Seattle. I have a much stronger hate for Seattle (or any big city) than I do Spokane. Truthfully, I've only been there a few times. I think I just prefer some of the smaller towns on the east side.

Treehugger5

Treehugger5
PostFri Jun 19, 2015 7:53 am 
Oh I see. So you hate something based on no real knowledge. Good to know. Carry on.

crazyhiker

crazyhiker
PostFri Jun 19, 2015 8:31 am 
Treehugger5 wrote:
Oh I see. So you hate something based on no real knowledge. Good to know. Carry on.
Are you sure you're not from Seattle? The passive aggressive is pretty strong in this post. I never used the word "hate" to describe my feelings about Spokane. I don't hate it, but I would never live there.

Treehugger5

Treehugger5
PostFri Jun 19, 2015 8:42 am 
Oh was it passive? I'm sorry. I meant to be more clear. ETA: (you yourself said "I have a much stronger hate for Seattle..." which implies you have a lesser hate--but still hate-- Spokane). You're welcome for the composition lesson.

crazyhiker

crazyhiker
PostFri Jun 19, 2015 8:45 am 
Treehugger5 wrote:
Oh was it passive? I'm sorry. I meant to be more clear.
Sure. You could have just said I was an idiot for being ignorant about Spokane. Which, in turn, I would have called you an idiot for putting words into my mouth. Direct communication, it's a wonderful thing!

Treehugger5

Treehugger5
PostFri Jun 19, 2015 8:46 am 
Intelligence, it's a wonderful thing !

crazyhiker

crazyhiker
PostFri Jun 19, 2015 8:47 am 
Treehugger5 wrote:
Oh was it passive? I'm sorry. I meant to be more clear. ETA: (you yourself said "I have a much stronger hate for Seattle..." which implies you have a lesser hate--but still hate-- Spokane). You're welcome for the composition lesson.
I have at least a moderate amount of hate for everything, so that says very little. Take me to any city in the world, and I will find something I dislike about it. I prefer being in the woods. With no people.

crazyhiker

crazyhiker
PostFri Jun 19, 2015 8:58 am 
Anyways, I apologize for getting this thread off topic. I will stop feeding the Defender of Spokane. If you want to make a thread about how wonderful Spokane is, feel free to do so in the general forum. I'm sure it will be a hit. This thread is about burning wilderness areas and covering them with our feces.

Treehugger5

Treehugger5
PostFri Jun 19, 2015 9:06 am 
I see you've edited your post. I will let your posts speak for themselves, including getting off topic which was originally done by you.

crazyhiker

crazyhiker
PostFri Jun 19, 2015 9:12 am 
Treehugger5 wrote:
I see you've edited your post. I will let your posts speak for themselves, including getting off topic which was originally done by you.
I did not edit anything. I deleted a post because I thought it was unnecessary. Come on. If you want to have a fun little back and forth where we insult each others intelligence, I'll gladly participate via PM.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri Jun 19, 2015 10:35 am 
well... I can see that my attempt to inject a bit of levity here didn't have the desired result, but if you two want to spend your time pissing all over each other I'm sure I won't be the only one enjoying the show. carry on, gentlemen! lol.gif

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
crazyhiker

crazyhiker
PostFri Jun 19, 2015 10:44 am 
Ski wrote:
well... I can see that my attempt to inject a bit of levity here didn't have the desired result, but if you two want to spend your time pissing all over each other I'm sure I won't be the only one enjoying the show. carry on, gentlemen! lol.gif
Yeah, my entire response was a joke, so I thought we were just having fun. Don't mess with Spokane - I guess that's the lesson to be had here. Maybe I should have used Yakima instead. That place is a shithole, so I doubt anyone here is going to defend it.