Forum Index > Trip Reports > The Disenchantments
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Treehugger5

Treehugger5
PostFri Jun 19, 2015 10:52 am 
I can't speak for crazy hiker, because I have made use of the lovely feature this forum offers: but I for one, am not a gentleman. wink.gif

Elrond's Rocket of Rivendell~ hiker and runner extraordinaire
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri Jun 19, 2015 11:16 am 
hey, is that "Luigi's" Italian place still open downtown? that was the best thing about Spokane. worst thing was that every street downtown is a one-way. almost as bad as trying to navigate around in downtown Portland.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
PorcupinePhobia
Murse

PorcupinePhobia
Murse
PostFri Jun 19, 2015 11:27 am 
best thing to ever come out of Spokane? Why, yours truly cool.gif Ok seriously, I forgot what this thread was about, but I was born in Spokane, and NoLi Brewery is the absolute shiznit. Oh yeah. Enchantments. Best done in a day wink.gif

Treehugger5

Treehugger5
PostFri Jun 19, 2015 1:23 pm 
Ski, yes. Although there are some other fine Italian places as well. Porcupine, I agree with your assessment of the enchantments. No-Li is great but there are lots of great breweries here now. Iron Goat's Sour is fantastic.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri Jun 19, 2015 1:32 pm 
Quote:
Although there are some other fine Italian places as well.
best one ever was Pagliacci's over on the west side of Denver, but they closed down. we used to have one here - Bimbo's - downtown Tacoma, but old Reno passed on and they finally shut it down. the City of Tacoma owns his spaghetti sauce recipe now. (go figure!) (I think a discussion about Italian eateries and beer is probably going to be far more constructive than complaining about people pooping outdoors.)

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
crazyhiker

crazyhiker
PostFri Jun 19, 2015 1:36 pm 
Beer - now you're talking my language. City hate aside, I can't ever imagine living anywhere but WA. Is there any place that has a better combination of beer and wilderness opportunities? I don't think so.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Jun 19, 2015 4:51 pm 
Ski wrote:
hey, is that "Luigi's" Italian place still open downtown? that was the best thing about Spokane. worst thing was that every street downtown is a one-way. almost as bad as trying to navigate around in downtown Portland.
I was there for a while while my Mom was in the hospital. I found an excellent taproom with really good food, Manito, in the South Hill area. Plus Perry St Pizza, and a really good place for Asian cuisine, the China Dragon, just off N Division.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Lutzman

Lutzman
PostFri Jun 19, 2015 5:38 pm 
What he said. Not to mention the meth is outstanding in Spokane. Also, I can't think of a better place to steal a car!

"Don't trust anyone who tells you it's all been done. They're either an outright poseur, or you're being sandbagged."
Treehugger5

Treehugger5
PostFri Jun 19, 2015 5:54 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
I was there for a while while my Mom was in the hospital. I found an excellent taproom with really good food, Manito, in the South Hill area. Plus Perry St Pizza, and a really good place for Asian cuisine, the China Dragon, just off N Division.
Yes those are very good. There are lots of really good pizza places, including Veraci, there's a place right across from there called The Wandering Table, and The Ruins.... I could go on and on about great food places and excellent libations.

B+L

B+L
PostSat Jun 20, 2015 8:07 am 
RandyHiker wrote:
This year's pre-season was unusually crowded due the early snow melt.
The effect of a facebook group with nearly 7,000 members is noticeable given the rampant me too-ism on display there. As the old internet cliche goes, the group has a very low signal to noise ratio, but it does provide some warning for which places one can expect to be overrun with people who seem to care more about about fishing for likes on their selfies than they do about anything else.

pula58

pula58
PostSat Jun 20, 2015 9:23 am 
interestingly, I went to the upper enchantments last year, same exact weekend, and my wife and I were the only people we saw camping up there, a few climbers slogged by in the snow, but that's it. That's why we were so shocked about this year.

kiliki

kiliki
PostTue Jun 30, 2015 8:52 am 
Pula58, I do hope you called the ranger station (and/or the forest hq) about this. They could get an intern/volunteer to hike the most problematic trails and help to educate people about LNT, among other things. It's such a bummer to hear about the garbage/sh## situation. http://www.fs.usda.gov/contactus/okawen/about-forest/contactus

Chico

Chico
PostTue Jun 30, 2015 9:17 am 
Studebaker Hoch wrote:
No sh## last time I was in the enchantments I saw a guy taking a dump right beside the trail; yelled at him and he ran off trying to cover is gleaming white ass
Need a way to safely fling his crap at him as he runs.