Forum Index > Trip Reports > Pea Soup Lake (ALW - 8/15/08)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Aug 20, 2008 6:25 am 
GaliWalker, why postpone? Add a few more days and do both in one shot connecting via Phoebe and the Swallows. wink.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Trailspotter

Trailspotter
PostSat Jul 11, 2015 6:28 pm 
Hey Galiwalker...this trip looks beautiful and we'd like to get to it this summer. Do you happen to have a picture of a route or a GPX file we could upload at Trailspotter?

Find and post trails near you www.trailspotter.com
GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostMon Jul 13, 2015 10:22 am 
Trailspotter, it was the old fashioned map/altimeter/compass for me, since I don't carry a GPS. None of my photos actually show the whole route, but you can see it in photos taken from across the valley, from the hike up to Robin Lakes, when looking towards Mt Daniel. Basically, it goes up the right side of the cleft you can see in this old (not so good) photo of mine: PM me if you'd like more explicit directions.

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
Jason Hummel

Jason Hummel
PostMon Jul 13, 2015 4:18 pm 
Great place. Awesome work getting out there! Here's what it looked like a few months ago, somewhat snow covered.

DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostMon Jul 13, 2015 5:21 pm 
Here's Pea Soup Lake from high on Hinman one week ago, on July 5, 2015, looking like September in a dry year.
This pic was taken one year before -- to the day -- on July 5, 2014, at the margin of Pea Soup Lake:

Kellbell

Kellbell
PostTue Sep 14, 2021 7:17 am 
Okay now I get why I haven’t heard of some Of your top ten trails - they don’t exist! I’m Jealous of your ambition, but I know this kind of struggle is over my head. It is fun to read though about how these places exist for the ones willing to pay the price. Congratulations to you.

GaliWalker
John Morrow

John Morrow
PostSat Sep 18, 2021 10:51 am 
Tom wrote:
Nice stuff. Hope to get in there later this year via one of the high routes.
Malachai Constant wrote:
Does anyone know if the tress are infected with the same beetles that are killing pine forests in B.C.?
We were wondering the same thing traversing the other side of the valley this weekend. Here's a shot further down toward Tucquala Lake. Looks pretty much the same all the way up the valley. frown.gif
Goat Mountain and Tucquala Lake
Goat Mountain and Tucquala Lake
Just noticed this. This was a cyclical outbreak of a native insect known as spruce budworm. https://apps.fs.usda.gov/r6_decaid/views/western_spruce_budworm.html "appear associated with as-yet-undefined interactions between climatic trends and host abundance and quality."

“Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?”-Mary Oliver “A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.” ― MLK Jr.