Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Warning! Arts Plug
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Mike Collins

Mike Collins
PostFri Nov 21, 2014 6:51 pm 
The Beethoven Violin Concerto will be performed by the Seattle Symphony on February 5, 7, and 8, 2015 so maybe I will see you there. I have the same seats in Row E but I doubt a Strad will be in attendance too.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSat Dec 13, 2014 11:57 pm 
Last chance! One more performance tomorrow, Sunday, December 14, at 4:00 pm Dance Theatre Northwest - Nutcracker - December 13 & 14 Don't miss Oceana's perfect fouettes! Fabulous! Intermission snacks will be available in the lobby!
dtn_nutcracker_pies_121314
dtn_nutcracker_pies_121314

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri Mar 13, 2015 10:30 am 
"ILLUMINATIONS" performance by Dance Theatre Northwest - Saturday March 14 - 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm - Museum of Glass, Tacoma

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostMon Apr 06, 2015 8:36 pm 
Tacoma Dome - How Ellida Lathrop helped to shape public art at the dome

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSat Apr 11, 2015 10:57 pm 
Evita at Tacoma Musical Playhouse April 10 - May 3 Just saw tonight's performance. Pretty good talent, particularly by Rafe Wadleigh in the role of "Che". Other than a minor glitch with the audio hardware (which was corrected during the intermission) and a couple "wardrobe malfunctions" this small company did a damn good job putting this production together. I look forward to their production of "West Side Story" coming in July.

Pyrites

Pyrites
PostTue Jun 02, 2015 12:20 pm 
Last weekend for the Georgia O'Keefe and contemporaries exhibit at the Tacoma Art Museum. 6/7/2015

Keep Calm and Carry On? Heck No. Stay Excited and Get Outside!
strider

strider
PostTue Jun 02, 2015 9:21 pm 
Made a new hiking buddy a couple years ago. A couple months ago, I learned that he's an artist. Amazing artist, in fact. If you'd like to "meet" him, he has a website. You'll be amazed....: www.brantengberg.com

strider I've never been lost, but I'm frequently uncertain where my destination might be in relation to where I am at the moment....
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostTue Jun 02, 2015 10:09 pm 
gotta respect a man who's good with a froe. kind of evokes Rackham and Hiroshige. interesting stuff. up.gif

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSun Jul 12, 2015 12:46 am 
well.... after forgetting all about the two front center orchestra tickets I had in the nightstand drawer for "Phantom" at the Paramount a little while back, we went tonight to the Tacoma Musical Playhouse production of "West Side Story". again, as with "Evita" a few months back, a great production well done. Melissa Marichich was excellent as "Maria", and although Ryan Anderson missed a few notes early on as "Tony" he managed to regain control quickly enough. Melanie Gladstone was fabulous as "Anita" with not only her voice but legs to rival Rita Moreno and the ability to use them. at least we managed to put all the tickets to use this time. "West Side Story" plays at Tacoma Musical Playhouse through August 2nd.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostTue Jul 14, 2015 2:40 pm 
got kids? in Tacoma Sunday July 19?
Teddy Bears Picnic July 19 2015 DTN
Curran Apple Orchard: 3920 Grandview Drive West, University Place, Wa. 98466 free! live music and dancing girls! woohoo! (I think I just got volunteered to do some of the face-painting. wink.gif )

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri Jul 17, 2015 3:39 pm 
just got this:
Gulya, on July 16, 2015 at 2:19:23 PM PDT wrote:
This Fall we are bringing the full-length classic production of the world's most famous ballet, Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake, featuring Russia's brightest ballet stars to the Pantages Theatre on October 15, at 7pm.
clearly Seattle is not "the world". but hey, between Maurice Sendak and PNB there sure are a lot of people here who know who Tchaikovsky was, right? suppose those Russkies can pull off those 32 fouettes as well as Gillian Murphy? see you there. wink.gif (and when they say curtain at 7, be there in your seat at 6:40!) rant.gif

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri Jul 17, 2015 3:59 pm 
I just got row F, #13, #14, #15 so great seats are available NOW. (253) 591-5890 press 1 for the box office.

touron

touron
PostThu Jul 30, 2015 8:32 pm 
Methow Valley Chamber Music Festival

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostThu Aug 06, 2015 8:27 pm 
Morton Loggers Jubilee weekend is nigh. Lawnmower races tomorrow night starting at 6:30. And, this movie is playing Sat, Sun, and Monday. Filmed locally. Sat, August 8, 1:00pm – 2:30pm Description A Bit of Bad Luck is an award-winning, black-humored noir-tragi-come​dy starring the town of Morton, area residents, and Cary Elwes. It tells the tale of an adulterous lawyer caught in escalating incidences of misfortune. You can tell it isn't a slick high-budget Hollywood production, but it's professionally filmed, has good acting, interesting characters, and holds together well. And my husband's got a close-up! So come cheer local places and faces. Stay for the credits, where everyone who showed up to be in the movie has their names listed. See you there! Also starring Teri Polo and Agnes Bruckner. Written and directed by John Fuhrman. Director John Fuhrman will be present at the Roxy screenings. Although A Bit of Bad Luck is not rated, it would definitely earn an R for language alone (f-bombs of various kinds). It also has a pervasive sense of menace, brief bits of partial nudity, some S and M-suggestive paraphernalia and costume in one scene, much drinking, and violence that is less than in many PG-13 movies. Unrated. One note: The movie is shown from a DVD, so the quality is not quite as high as we have come to expect with our lovely new digital projector, but is much better than the last showing of The Wizard of Oz. View movie trailer: http://youtu.be​/FNmkwV4Ctps

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu Aug 13, 2015 11:00 pm 
August 13, 2015 4:53 PM PDT Olympic National Park News Release Olympic National Park to Partner with Port Angeles Fine Arts Center to Encourage Arts in the Outdoors Visitors Invited to Watch ‘Paint the Peninsula’ Artists in Park PORT ANGELES, WASH. – Olympic National Park looks forward to welcoming both artists and art enthusiasts during the upcoming Paint the Peninsula Plein Air Painting Competition. Scheduled for September 7-13, Paint the Peninsula will feature 27 specially selected plein air artists who will paint outdoors over the week to capture the Peninsula’s natural beauty. On September 7, the competition’s first day, all 27 artists will paint within the boundaries of Olympic National Park before moving to Dungeness and other points around the peninsula. Visitors are welcome to watch the painters at work in the park and throughout the week and should call the Port Angeles Fine Arts Center at 360-457-3532 for location information. “We are pleased to host such a talented and diverse group of artists, and welcome our September visitors to come watch and appreciate the art as it’s created,” said Olympic National Park Superintendent Sarah Creachbaum. “The arts – and Paint the Peninsula – provideone more way for people to find their park!” The public is also invited to meet and talk with the artists and park staff at a reception to be held at the Port Angeles Fine Arts Center at 1203 E. Lauridsen Boulevard on Tuesday, September 8. The reception is free of charge and will take place from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and will feature the paintings created within the park the day before. The finished paintings will be displayed daily and will be for sale from September 8-19 at the Port Angeles Fine Arts Center at 1203 E. Lauridsen Boulevard in Port Angeles. For more information on the Paint the Peninsula competition, people should check the event website at http://www.paintthepeninsula.org/. For information about visiting Olympic National Park, visit nps.gov/olym or follow us on Twitter @OlympicNP, on Facebook at OlympicNPS and Instagram @olympicnationalpark www.nps.gov About the National Park Service. More than 20,000 National Park Service employees care for America’s 407 national parks and work with communities across the nation to help preserve local history and create close-to-home recreational opportunities. Learn more at www.nps.gov.