Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Old horse needs boarding, care - Snohomish area
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
rhughes
Painter

rhughes
Painter
PostSat Jul 18, 2015 9:53 pm 
I have a horse that is thirty-something years old. I have had the horse for about 30 years. A couple of years ago the horse developed Cushing's disease requiring daily medication, hay pellets, and shoeing every six weeks. I have congestive heart failure. I find that caring for the horse, getting the prescription medications, and arranging for and assisting in the horseshoeing has become too much for me to deal with without getting stressed out and extremely tired. I am hoping to find something along the lines of a horse hospice where I can pay to have the horse boarded and taken care of. I am willing to pay for the costs of medicines, feed, shoeing, and boarding.

rhughes Painter Author of North Cascades Beautiful: An Artist's View Author of 100 Beautiful Views of Glacier National Park RoyEHughes.com
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Chico

Chico
PostSun Jul 19, 2015 10:49 am 
Have a chat with the folks at Pasado's. I'm sure they'd be happy to have you assist with his care.

rhughes
Painter

rhughes
Painter
PostSun Jul 19, 2015 9:10 pm 
Thanks, Chico. Contacted them and they provided me with a lead or two. I have several promising leads to follow up on.

rhughes Painter Author of North Cascades Beautiful: An Artist's View Author of 100 Beautiful Views of Glacier National Park RoyEHughes.com
Badger

Badger
PostTue Jul 21, 2015 12:45 pm 
Asked sister in law and she suggested you also contact SAFE.