Forum Index > Partners > Need Hiking Buddies!!
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Xernia

Xernia
PostThu Jul 16, 2015 2:41 pm 
Hi, I'm doing a big hike every weekend this summer but have had to do a few alone. I'm a woman in my late-30's and I'm sketched out by the idea of hiking alone on some of the longer and more remote trails. I am pretty fast, great at uphill elevation, a lot slower on the way down (years of running = bad knees). I have done up to 13 miles in a single day with no issues. I'd really love to do Sahale Arm, Glacier Basin, The Enchantments, and many more. I would love to join a group of people doing some backpacking on the weekends - I backpacked part of the Long Trail in Vermont in 2012 and it nearly killed me, but I'm ready to try backpacking again! Anyway, I'm happily engaged to a great guy who just happens to be working in Alaska this summer, so not looking for romance. I just want to have some great adventures and meet some cool folks for great hikes. Age/race/etc. not important. Please respond if I can tag along on an upcoming trek!! I do love to stop and take pictures a lot - but not to an annoying level smile.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
jointhedance

jointhedance
PostSat Jul 18, 2015 12:15 pm 
hello Xernia, I'm pretty fast too, ascending especially, and your list matches my list! I can do some weekends. I am on Facebook. I am jointhedance on www.portlandhikers.org where you can check my trip reports. We should be hiking soon, before more fires blow up. Steve Carruthers , Portland

2ScarabS

2ScarabS
PostThu Jul 23, 2015 9:15 am 
I am interested! I am a woman in my mid forties, fast uphill and slower downhill. I have a prosthetic hip, which only limits my pack weight and sometimes my speed over or under obstacles. My work schedule is often flexible and I prefer midweek, but I can sometimes hike weekends, and nearly always Sundays. I hike and backpack regularly. I have a husband and some hiking friends, but they can't always join me and I don't like to go alone. I am interested in long day hikes. I hike over 100 miles every month.

suziq999

suziq999
PostThu Jul 23, 2015 9:51 am 
Check out some of the facebook groups, like PNW hiker babes. smile.gif