Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Trip or Destination?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic

What is the best part, the trip or the destination?
The trip!
62%
 62%  [ 17 ]
The Destination!
29%
 29%  [ 8 ]
Gustavs
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 27

Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostTue Jul 28, 2015 11:02 pm 
BigSteve wrote:
Ya know yer a redneck when you're
Kim Brown wrote:
a chicken fried steak snob
Have you tried the CFS at the Acme Diner and Buzz Inn?
Haven't checked chicken fried steak at Buzz Inn. I plan to visit the one in Granite Falls this fall; everyone says it's really cozy and nice in there. Haven't been up Acme way in quite some time; but the Scott Paul trail has been on my mind lately; I'll visit there too. So much chicken fried steak - so little time!

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostTue Jul 28, 2015 11:37 pm 
I often start to obsess with where/what to eat post hike at some point DURING the hike...but my obsession doesn't extend to the point that the decision on where to go hiking is based mostly on what restaurants are nearby. That's something else entirely. Destination vs. the journey...like a few others, depends on the destination and what the rest of the route is like getting there. Case in point, Buck Creek Pass/High Pass/Triad Lake is ALL about the destination, because the mostly dull boring 8 or 9 miles up to that point certainly wouldn't be worth doing if that spectacular destination wasn't there waiting for you.

Spotly

Spotly
PostWed Jul 29, 2015 8:10 am 
tigermn wrote:
Depends on the trip and the destination.
up.gif

coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostWed Jul 29, 2015 9:07 am 
It depends...if the journey looks like this:
then the journey is >/= to the destination I really like walking in the wilderness, but I'll never be accused of trying set any land speed records - so I always set destination goals that allow me to enjoy the journey. 100% enjoyment is 100% of what I seek - I get all the type 2 fun I can handle AT WORK! When the journey looks like this then I can't wait to escape the hordes and get to my destination:

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostWed Jul 29, 2015 11:49 am 
Good god. Denny Cr slide? No wonder fish are dying. I can see a giant wedge of sweat and pee and sunscreen and KoolAid and Cheezy Puffs floating down the drink into the rivers and to the ocean.

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert