Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Cabin Fever in August?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Schenk
Off Leash Man

Location: Traveling, with the bear, to the other side of the Mountain
Schenk
Off Leash Man
PostFri Aug 07, 2015 2:43 pm 
Just my observation: It seems like a bunch of folks have been pouncing on every little opportunity to deride, criticize, and ridicule people for petty little things. I usually notice this about late January, or in February. Things like diction, choice of words, or a clumsy phrase, are all targets. Also, I have seem at least one case of someone criticizing what they assert is another person's assumption, but their assertion is based on their own assumption...that is just comical. Sometimes I notice that if nothing really exists to condemn or criticize then purposeful misinterpretation and twisting of meanings will supply ammunition for some folks which is nothing but a contrived conflict. I cannot claim to be a saint and I have reeled myself in a few times. Is it the heat? Is it the dry weather, fire restrictions, and the fact they can't have a campfire? Elections are on the horizon; are we generally mirroring the politicians and what we are exposed to on a daily basis in mainstream media?? Is it the simply the way the world is going now and how people now conduct themselves....build your self up by putting down others? Whaddayathinkitis?

Nature exists with a stark indifference to humans' situation.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
ScottP

ScottP
PostFri Aug 07, 2015 3:55 pm 
It's called the online disinhibition effect, which is interesting since such behavior was observed and described as early as the CB radio era. The webcomic Penny Arcade once provided a corollary: "Normal Person + Anonymity + Audience = Total F@#kwad"

NacMacFeegle

NacMacFeegle
PostFri Aug 07, 2015 7:06 pm 
Well, Washingtonians are used to plenty of good clean rain washing away our nasty streaks. The long drought has made us all really ornery!

Read my hiking related stories and more at http://illuminationsfromtheattic.blogspot.com/
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSat Aug 08, 2015 12:02 am 
Quote:
Whaddayathinkitis?
I thinks my trail is on fire and I'm mad as hell about it but there's not a damn thing that can be done about it. Other than just being a cantankerous old sonofabitch most of the time, is that a good enough explanation? smile.gif

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSat Aug 08, 2015 12:40 am 
Ive been working the propulsion system of the USS Nimitz all summer and have only gone on ONE bloody hike!!! Im getting ready to finish the job and hope to have all of September off! Im going to hike my BUTT off. up.gif

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
mike

mike
PostSat Aug 08, 2015 8:31 am 
Schenk wrote:
Whaddayathinkitis?
Trump syndrome