Forum Index > Pacific NW History > GT Mine lost and found
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Mine Explorer

Mine Explorer
PostMon Apr 29, 2013 9:35 am 
Just read a newer complete trip report of the place; I wouldn't waste my time or effort going up. The only unreported thing not mentioned here - a homemade stove in the tunnel. That's it. Wowee.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
mepokeu

mepokeu
PostMon May 27, 2013 6:24 pm 
I cant believe i just read all 11 pages of this.

Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostThu May 30, 2013 2:04 pm 
Thank God that nobody got hurt or lost! Perhaps Oso Press shouldn't publish books about eye candy historic mountain places without some location context.

Oh Pilot of the storm who leaves no trace Like thoughts inside a dream Heed the path that led me to that place Yellow desert stream.
Jimbo

Jimbo
PostFri May 31, 2013 8:54 am 
You lurkers go away.

Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostFri May 31, 2013 9:18 am 
All along it was about a mining claim. The Mountaineers Publishing would never have allowed the original book to go to press without exact location information.

Oh Pilot of the storm who leaves no trace Like thoughts inside a dream Heed the path that led me to that place Yellow desert stream.
Jimbo

Jimbo
PostTue Jun 18, 2013 8:08 am 
Anyone been there this season ?

FunaFish

FunaFish
PostMon Aug 10, 2015 12:58 am 
Went up there today! We made basecamp where the trail ended, went the rest of the way in the morning with day packs. Took about 4.5 hours on the way in doing the upper route (not thru the valley, god only knows why some people would do that) however it was a hell of a butt-beater. Seriously not for your average hiker. Mine is still in good condition, tram wheel and all. Somebody has been sleeping and mining up there, found a matress pad, sleeping bag, various picks shovels and rock hammers... along with copious amounts of ramen noodles lol.gif im not going to lie, we salvaged a little bit of mineral rich dirt into an empty Gatorade bottle, hope nobody gets mad. But i can tell after reading all 11 pages of your guys' rants, sombody is bound to try and sue me or something. shakehead.gif Never really seen anything quite like it, the mineral veins were something to behold. Other than that it was very overhyped and a pain in the butt to get to.

Chico

Chico
PostMon Aug 10, 2015 3:32 pm 
FunaFish wrote:
Went up there today! We made basecamp where the trail ended, went the rest of the way in the morning with day packs. Took about 4.5 hours on the way in doing the upper route (not thru the valley, god only knows why some people would do that) however it was a hell of a butt-beater. Seriously not for your average hiker. Mine is still in good condition, tram wheel and all. Somebody has been sleeping and mining up there, found a matress pad, sleeping bag, various picks shovels and rock hammers... along with copious amounts of ramen noodles lol.gif im not going to lie, we salvaged a little bit of mineral rich dirt into an empty Gatorade bottle, hope nobody gets mad. But i can tell after reading all 11 pages of your guys' rants, sombody is bound to try and sue me or something. shakehead.gif Never really seen anything quite like it, the mineral veins were something to behold. Other than that it was very overhyped and a pain in the butt to get to.
I suppose a person can look up and find out who might be working it. Then again perhaps not. I've never tried nor had the inclination to do so.

GrahamBag

GrahamBag
PostTue Aug 18, 2015 10:15 pm 
Trippy man I just missed ya! I went there yesterday for the third time in my life, 1st time this year. Me and a buddy of mine are the people you're referring to that have been mining up there. If you call that place overhyped, you don't know how to look for minerals. You'd sh## your pants if you saw some of the sh## I've pulled out of that hole. I didn't know anybody else but me and my buddy ever really went up there, but I guess you just did a week before. That place is just so majestic.

Jimbo

Jimbo
PostThu Aug 20, 2015 5:22 am 
Glad to hear there is still some Gold there hockeygrin.gif About 6 years ago I know of some guys that packed out about 30 lbs of Crystals.

Jimbo

Jimbo
PostFri Oct 28, 2016 9:59 am 
Any visits this year ? I think that road will have a gate in the near future. Mines now being bared off, WTH rant.gif