Forum Index > Trail Talk > Pargeter Maps are back!
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
cartman

cartman
PostThu Nov 19, 2015 10:07 pm 
Available now at Metsker Maps downtown, $15.95. North Central Cascades, North Casades West & East and more, unchanged from the last version. According to the good folks at Metsker, it wasn't cheap to get this going, so Lucas & Co. printed a good run of each and they should be available for quite a while. Metsker has plenty. Have those that ordered received your maps yet? EDIT: I've been to the downtown Seattle Metsker and have confirmed they are in stock in the store, rolled. They're also currently on display in the front window.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Distel32

Distel32
PostFri Nov 20, 2015 7:25 am 
The Alderwood store had West but not East when I was in a couple of weeks ago.

bk

bk
PostSat Nov 21, 2015 7:40 pm 
My maps arrived in the mail today (Saturday). Apparently mailed Friday, with one-day shipping (USPS). (Mine were rolled up; not laminated . . . I pretty much got one of each.) I also had stopped by Metsker's in Alderwood / Lynnwood on Thursday (Nov. 19th). It sounds like Metsker's does have some of each map in stock (maybe about six, I think she said?), but not on display . . . and it may take some rummaging for them to find them, so you might want to call Metsker's before driving down, to make sure they can unearth them . . . as they're fairly newly moved in and still settling. Walking into the store (from the REI walkway-side/south entrance of Metsker's), turn left once inside the store and there's a Pargeter map on the wall [west wall] (map of N. Cascades? . . . West-half? I forget). Across from that, on the opposite wall [east wall; turning right, as you walk in the door) was another Pargeter map. I forget which. Also saw the Puget Sound Pargeter map near the register, I think, along with some other nicely drawn, color, laminated maps of some other brand and style. Two gals were working there (Metsker's). Linda, at the register, was the helpful one. She looked up on their inventory on the computer and said it seemed they had some of each map in stock (there at the Alderwood store; again, I think she said around six each but I might not be remembering right). Sounded like they had ordered them from the Pargeters . . . and their supply chain was all current and dialed in; but she would have to spend time looking for the physical maps in the store . . . I believed her, that they were in the store . . . which is all that I was wondering, and I was on my way . . . thinking maybe my maps that I ordered this past summer might actually arrive after all. And they did, two days later (today).

touron

touron
PostSat Nov 21, 2015 9:27 pm 
It looks like they can be purchased here too: http://pargetermaps.com/wp/

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Brucester

Brucester
PostSat Nov 21, 2015 9:46 pm 
I've yet to hang my old ones after all these years. My initial thought was to crop and frame them. I've seen them framed while at a hiker dinner party, they had a sweet gear room. up.gif Still on the fence about cropping original artwork. Anyone have theirs framed and willing to share a pic?

bk

bk
PostSat Nov 21, 2015 10:59 pm 
touron wrote:
It looks like they can be purchased here too: http://pargetermaps.com/wp/
The pargetermaps site looks like it hasn't been updated since spring because a few of the maps, like North Central Cascades, says "Unfortunately this map is currently out of print. You can preorder it for Summer 2015 on our Indiegogo!" when, in fact, I just got mine in the mail today (and Metzkers says they have 'em.) But the contact link for phone and email may be useful.

Jetlag

Jetlag
PostSun Nov 22, 2015 9:19 pm 
Nope, haven't received my ordered Pargeter maps yet, Eric. Glad to hear bk got his.

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month
PostSun Nov 22, 2015 10:13 pm 
Distel32 wrote:
The Alderwood store had West but not East when I was in a couple of weeks ago.
Alderwood has all Pargeter now - North, Central, and East, plus Olympics - and I'm going to make sure we keep them as well stocked as possible!
Quote:
It sounds like Metsker's does have some of each map in stock (maybe about six, I think she said?), but not on display . . . and it may take some rummaging for them to find them, so you might want to call Metsker's before driving down, to make sure they can unearth them
Got our order in about a week ago, all of the maps are on display - two on the wall to the left of the front windows and the other two on boards toward the back of the store, past the registers, on the left - and there should be no problem finding the stock as I sorted it all today.

Tomorrow's not promised to anyone, so be bold, scare yourself, attempt something with no guarantee of success. You'll be amazed at what you can achieve. -Olive McGloin
Jetlag

Jetlag
PostWed Nov 25, 2015 12:27 pm 
Alright! The Pargeter maps I ordered last year from the NWHikers post by Lucas Pargeter just arrived at the post office. Thanks, Lucas . . . and Indiegogo.