Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Islands of Seattle Map- based on 240' sea level rise
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
boot up
Old Not Bold Hiker

boot up
Old Not Bold Hiker
PostSat Dec 12, 2015 2:50 pm 
Ha! my intuition was right, to buy a house at 330feet elevation. The new Isle of Kirkland will be the new Mercer Island and I will be able to sell high with beachfront property. hockeygrin.gif actually, by then I will be dead and won't give a rip. agree.gif

friluftsliv
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
NacMacFeegle

NacMacFeegle
PostSat Dec 12, 2015 8:18 pm 
iron wrote:
NacMacFeegle wrote:
Here's a neat idea: Instead of letting all those skyscrapers go to waste, lets fill their first 20 floors with concrete, raising the level of the floor as the sea level rises. Outside we build floating sidewalks with bridges between streets, and turn Seattle into the new Venice!
yeah, let me know how that works out for the utilities that are buried. hope you like pressurized sewer lines!
Oh, you'd need to entirely rebuild infrastructure like that entirely! I've had a few more flights of fancy regarding post-global warming Venitian Seattle: transportation would not only occur above the surface of the water (human-power and electric boats only), but below it as well. Hyperloop tubes would wind through the drowned streets, carrying both cargo and passengers throughout the city. Huge turbines would be installed beneath the water to draw power from the tides as they flowed through........

Read my hiking related stories and more at http://illuminationsfromtheattic.blogspot.com/
JPH

JPH
PostSat Dec 12, 2015 10:52 pm 
$5 says this happens before they finish the 99 tunnel!