Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > UW volleyball
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostFri Nov 20, 2015 7:15 pm 
Strange match. I had to quit watching because UW was playing so badly...but somehow inexplicably won the match 3-1. Hit under .200 most of the match. Seriously outhit by the Ducks. Blocking was good and 7 service aces. Back row defense and passing looked bad while I was watching. Just couldn't terminate anything. I think the Ducks imploded in more than one of the sets. It's a win, but it was ugly.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSun Nov 29, 2015 12:57 am 
Regular season finished tonight. UW beat Utah on the road earlier this week and took care of Wazzu tonight. Meanwhile USC lost a 5 setter at home against UCLA, which means the Huskies finished tied with USC for the conference title. Great job, great season! Now on to the post season. I believe the field and brackets will be announced tomorrow. Hoping Hawaii gets shipped somewhere other than Seattle for the opening rounds this year. It's completely ridiculous that UW and Hawaii, 2 teams that usually are ranked in the top 10 all season, have to play in the 2nd round. Let Stanford or UCLA or somebody else get to deal with Hawaii this time.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSun Nov 29, 2015 8:33 pm 
No Hawaii in their bracket, but if the seeds hold UW will face Nebraska in a regional final. That's the other team that the Huskies ALWAYS seem to run into in the playoffs.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostFri Dec 04, 2015 2:02 pm 
Nice article in the Seattle Times today. Huskies start the playoffs tonight against Denver approx. 7:30 PM. http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-huskies/uw-volleyballs-senior-class-looking-to-add-one-more-thing-to-their-resume-a-national-title/

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostFri Dec 04, 2015 9:59 pm 
Huskies cruised thru the first round, scores were -12 -14 -12. UW hit over .400 and Denver was under .100. Pac 12 teams are going down in flames though. Arizona St., Arizona and Oregon all lost in the first round. USC already won in the 2nd round and advanced to the Sweet 16. Stanford got swept at home in the 2nd round by Loyola Marymount, giving them the dubious distinction of the biggest upset in the Tourney so far. UCLA is still playing in the first round, should advance. Still overall fairly sad showing collectively by a conference that is considered one of the top two in the country.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Dec 05, 2015 9:57 pm 
Whew. Dawgs beat Michigan St. 3-1. First 3 sets were close, UW crushed them in the 4th. Finally got the block going in that last set, had been basically M.I.A. thus far in the playoffs. Sybeldon had been uncharacteristically quiet as well, until the 4th set when she got 3 kills early and 4 total, finished with 10 for the match. Scoring was really spread out, one other Husky had 10 kills and I believe 3 had 9 kills. Ohio St. is next at the Lexington Regional, BYU vs. Nebraska in the other half of the bracket.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostFri Dec 11, 2015 7:50 pm 
Dawgs survive a 5 setter against Ohio St. Tons of hitting errors and really low hitting percentage tonight, totally uncharacteristic for UW. Gonna take a better performance tomorrow or I have a bad feeling they'll get thumped by Nebraska (again, like last year).

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostFri Dec 11, 2015 8:38 pm 
Hawaii swept Penn St. tonight, so someone other than the Nittany Lions gets to win a Championship this year (PSU has won 6 of the previous 8 Titles).

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Dec 12, 2015 1:44 pm 
All four regional finals are being broadcast on ESPNU today. UW vs. Nebraska is up first, 1 pm. I'll watch but I might have to change the channel if it starts getting ugly.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Dec 12, 2015 2:33 pm 
Ugh. I quit watching at 6-2 Nebraska, Huskies couldn't do anything right. Lost the first set 25-17. Dawgs outhit about .300 to .150, also outblocked and outdug, losing the serving battle, losing pretty much every facet of the game. They got away with having a sub par game against Ohio St. yesterday, but that's not gonna work today against Nebraska.

JimK

JimK
PostSat Dec 12, 2015 3:21 pm 
Time to start watching again. Washington won the second set.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Dec 12, 2015 3:53 pm 
JimK wrote:
Time to start watching again. Washington won the second set.
Nah, too nervous to watch, flipped past it several times. Nebraska took set 3 and Dawgs in a hole to start the 4th. Still hitting under .200 overall. Sybeldon and Wade, the middle blockers, are providing almost all of the offense. Outside hitters can't terminate, not gonna win that way against a good opponent.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Dec 12, 2015 4:11 pm 
And it's over, Nebraska wins 3-1. 2nd year in a row and 3rd time in about the last 5 or 6 years the Huskies have been eliminated by the Huskers. Enough of Nebraska already. They haven't been to the Final 4 for 3 or 4 years, a long drought by their standards.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostMon Dec 14, 2015 12:49 pm 
USC was up 13-9 in the 5th set against Kansas. Totally in the bag, right? Nope. Gave up 6 straight points. How is that possible? No Pac 12 team in the Final 4 this year, disappointing. Two each from the Big 10 and Big 12. I don't think I care enough to watch any of the remaining matches. I would prefer either Kansas or Minnesota to win it all over Texas and especially Nebraska.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Dec 19, 2015 7:59 pm 
Nebraska just beat Texas 3-0 for the Championship, so at least the Huskies lost to the best team in the country.