Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Olympic events to be held in sewer full of trash....
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostTue Jan 26, 2016 3:11 pm 
http://www.seattlepi.com/news/science/article/Ex-head-of-sailing-body-says-fired-over-Rio-s-6784917.php The Olympic games are going to hold sailing, canoeing, and even some swimming events in a polluted sewer full of garbage, dead animals, and fecal bacteria at levels a thousand times what a sane country would allow to exist. I would say that I am boycotting the Olympics, but I haven't paid any attention to them for a couple of decades already.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Seventy2002

Seventy2002
PostTue Jan 26, 2016 3:29 pm 
The Olympic Games have been in a moral sewer for decades; this is just the venue catching up. And then there's the zika virus.

wolffie

wolffie
PostWed Jan 27, 2016 10:47 am 
Hey, I like this. A recognition of reality. Let's choose the contestants among malnourished children whose families have raised them on less than $2 a day in countries ruled by obscenely rich and corrupt repressive oligarchies. Perhaps we can invent events reflecting human life more realistically -- nobody needs to throw a javelin or discus anymore, so how about competitions in dumpster-diving, starvation endurance, innovative corruption... or just plain work?

Some people have better things to do with their lives than walking the dog. Some don't.
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostWed Jan 27, 2016 11:00 am 
I was just reading about the 2002 Olympics, and all the bribery and scandals. Very innovative corruption. And the "white knight" who cleaned up the mess then took millions in campaign donations from the very scoundrels who did the bribing! That's innovation in corruption.

coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostWed Jan 27, 2016 1:44 pm 
wolffie wrote:
Hey, I like this. A recognition of reality. Let's choose the contestants among malnourished children whose families have raised them on less than $2 a day in countries ruled by obscenely rich and corrupt repressive oligarchies. Perhaps we can invent events reflecting human life more realistically -- nobody needs to throw a javelin or discus anymore, so how about competitions in dumpster-diving, starvation endurance, innovative corruption... or just plain work?
The Hunger Games?

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.