Forum Index > Partners > Looking for a Hiking Partner
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
BlueLipton

BlueLipton
PostFri Feb 05, 2016 2:02 pm 
I don't mind taking walks by myself or easy hikes like Rattlesnake Ledge that are close by, but I do prefer to have someone with me on the trail for harder/longer hikes. I would rate myself as an 8 on a scale of 1-10. And would consider my pace to be moderate. Looking forward to hikes at Mt. Rainier National Park, outside but near the Park and the Cascade Pass/Sahale Arm. Send me a message if you feel the same. Thanks! Sandy Lynn

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostFri Feb 05, 2016 5:09 pm 
Welcome to the site Lynn. Glad to have you on board. Im sure youll get some answers to you post. In the summertime there are a lot of us getting out. Good luck.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
jointhedance

jointhedance
PostTue Feb 09, 2016 11:12 pm 
You mention Indian Heaven. It's a wonderfully scenic area I have been to only one time, and would return to explore. I am in Portland, and ready to hike Washington, Cascades, north Cascades, Olympics... any season. I have found the locals a bit balky re: making the drive to do Washington trails. You can recruit me to hike! especially southern Washington. Steve

lovestohike

lovestohike
PostSun Jun 05, 2016 6:00 pm 
Hi there! I'm also looking for a hiking partner for longer hikes so I don't have to hike by myself. Are you more of a weekday hiker, or weekends only? Also, I'm not sure how to rate myself as a hiker. I have a moderate pace, but tend to slow down a bit with steeper gains (like Mount Si- I made it to the top, but slowed down quite a bit at the end). I understand if I'm not a good fit for you, but would definitely like to chat more if you think we'd work well together!

Nancy
mailboxed

mailboxed
PostMon Jun 06, 2016 8:54 pm 
I'm game, too. Thursdays and Fridays work best and I'm generally game for anything along I90 and HWY2. Hope you've found plenty of good trail buddies. Happy hiking, jens

Anilise

Anilise
PostMon Jun 13, 2016 6:18 am 
Hi All, I am also looking for a hiking partner or small group to do longer hikes. I am the same way in that I will go to places close by such as Rattlesnake but looking for partner(s) to do others I am hesitant to venture out to go do. I am planning hiking in the Rockies at the end of August and need to get in better shape. Let me know if something works out. I know there are the Mountaineers but I am not a fan of big groups. Thanks! Anilise

Anilise
Anilise

Anilise
PostMon Jun 13, 2016 6:19 am 
Oh, PS...I can only do the weekends though.

Anilise