Forum Index > Partners > camp robber valley
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
ADAHY

ADAHY
PostWed Feb 17, 2016 3:03 pm 
ANYONE HERE EVER APPROACH CHETWOOT LAKE INTHE WEST FOSS RIVER VALLEY VIA CAMP ROBBER CREEK? I"l be coming in from the 90 side. I've about finished everything in this entire area accept west Foss river.normally I would go up and over via Crawford lake. Topo shows it more than manageable coming up camp robber valley, but the airial shots leave me wondering about how thick the brush might be. Just making plans for summer .Thanks

" The price of freedom is eternal vigilance".
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
mbravenboer

mbravenboer
PostWed Feb 17, 2016 3:50 pm 
I haven't been there, but my impression is that it is very brushy. I think the best topics are: - https://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11134 - https://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7990083 There was also some discussion in my report from last year to Gold Lake (mostly just links to the previous ones) - https://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8016001

Waterman

Waterman
PostSat Feb 20, 2016 9:42 am 
I tried that years ago. The brush is pretty bad. I found it easier to starting from Dorothy and working the ridge up.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,I took the one less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSat Feb 20, 2016 1:04 pm 
Been up that way from Dorothy. There is a way trail that comes and goes. Mostly goes. It does get bushy about mid way. That way takes you to Gold lake. If you peel off the Dorothy lake trail to the east you can make it into Camp Robber Valley. That is a brush bash thought.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Bugs

Bugs
PostWed May 18, 2016 12:58 pm 
I went up to Gold from Dorothy lk last summer. There is a pretty good trail for the first mile then it peters out. Above there, some parts are findable, some are not. I walked up the creek most of the rest of the way. That was late summer when the water was really low. Look for the trail right beside the inlet to Dorothy before the main trail crosses the creek. Getting from Gold to Chetwood looked pretty easy. There was another couple up there heading that way but I did not talk to them afterward. But from the heavy use that lake has seen, I would guess lots of people come in from Chetwood. Gold lake is beautiful!

Always out there.