Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Hangin' out in the left lane
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
Badger

Badger
PostFri Mar 18, 2016 2:44 pm 
"What I find interesting, is he jumped on you trying to pass an illegal left lane lane hog, on the right, but he still did nothing about the car violating the keep right law. " Question: if he is going slower than the posted limit than I should be able to go past them on the right if I am doing the speed limit- right? Technically I am doing the speed limit so I am legal....

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Foist
Sultan of Sweat

Foist
Sultan of Sweat
PostThu Mar 24, 2016 1:22 pm 
mike wrote:
I don't drive in the right lane for several reasons: -right lanes randomly exit without warning dumping you in sh##-holes like S Tacoma or Renton with no way to get back on. -kamikaze mergers -chuck holes and ruts deep enough to bottom out in. I don't drive in the left lane either. Actually I prefer one lane roads out in the sticks
Interesting to get a window into the minds of people who don't know how to drive.

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Voxxjin
made of hamburger

Voxxjin
made of hamburger
PostThu Mar 24, 2016 2:10 pm 
mike wrote:
-chuck holes and ruts deep enough to bottom out in.
Sure you aren't driving in Pennsylvania? Aside from the turnpike, all the roads and highways are like that there. The only roads that I have driven on out here that are comparable are roads like the one out to Mowich Lake or Staircase after a season of use.

Cry 'Havoc!' and let slip the dogs of war
DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostThu Mar 24, 2016 2:18 pm 
Speaking of Pennsylvania, IME that state strictly enforces the rule that the left lane is only for passing and emergency vehicles.

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostThu Mar 24, 2016 2:32 pm 
This thread is a shocking reminder that speeders are immature to an extent almost beyond belief. From their moralizing, one would never know they slaughter about 17,000 Americans every year. I stay out of the left lane in part because I would rather not mix with dangerous psychos who need to get home before their favorite TV show starts, or aren't smart enough to leave themselves enough time to get where they are going.

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostThu Mar 24, 2016 2:39 pm 
Life is pretty good when left lane hogs are an important issue.

FJES6
Will Belay for Food

FJES6
Will Belay for Food
PostThu Mar 24, 2016 2:47 pm 
I've noticed cars are a lot like drops of water between Arlington and Ferndale. I'll be cruising along at the speed limit in the right lane, no one around and a car will come speeding up in the left lane. Right as its about to pass me it slows down to my speed and just drives right next to me for sometimes miles. Like drops of water getting stuck to each other. Sometimes it's fun to slow down really slow (without impeding traffic) and see how much below the speed limit I can slow them down to. Weird...

Sincerely, Franklyn Joseph Esquire Sebille the 6th Http://www.summitpost.org/users/fjes6/68961 Alpinism is the art of suffering-Voytek Kurtyka
boot up
Old Not Bold Hiker

boot up
Old Not Bold Hiker
PostThu Mar 24, 2016 2:51 pm 
FJES6 wrote:
I've noticed cars are a lot like drops of water between Arlington and Ferndale. I'll be cruising along at the speed limit in the right lane, no one around and a car will come speeding up in the left lane. Right as its about to pass me it slows down to my speed and just drives right next to me for sometimes miles. Like drops of water getting stuck to each other. Sometimes it's fun to slow down really slow (without impeding traffic) and see how much below the speed limit I can slow them down to. Weird...
I heard someone call that the "stickiness" factor. A term I like. A habit I do not like. My wife and I use it to describe people often. You can make a car change its speed by 15 mph easily when you encounter someone who is sticky. That wide range makes it tough to break the bond.

friluftsliv
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostThu Mar 24, 2016 3:14 pm 
FJES6 wrote:
"Rolling roadblocks."

FJES6
Will Belay for Food

FJES6
Will Belay for Food
PostThu Mar 24, 2016 3:17 pm 
Ya, totally. I only play that game when there's no other traffic to impede.

Sincerely, Franklyn Joseph Esquire Sebille the 6th Http://www.summitpost.org/users/fjes6/68961 Alpinism is the art of suffering-Voytek Kurtyka
mike

mike
PostThu Mar 24, 2016 5:29 pm 
I choose not to live anywhere you have a choice of which lane of many to drive in.

BlameTheDogz

BlameTheDogz
PostThu Mar 24, 2016 9:51 pm 
Slugman wrote:
This thread is a shocking reminder that speeders are immature to an extent almost beyond belief. From their moralizing, one would never know they slaughter about 17,000 Americans every year. I stay out of the left lane in part because I would rather not mix with dangerous psychos who need to get home before their favorite TV show starts, or aren't smart enough to leave themselves enough time to get where they are going.
Uh, this thread is not about speeding, but rather about drivers who prevent the proper flow of traffic and increase the chances for accidents due to their own selfishness, fears, or other rationalizations. https://www.esurance.com/info/car/the-dangers-of-driving-too-slowly http://www.autoinsurancecenter.com/driving-slow-in-the-left-lane-is-dumb-and-illegal.htm

striving to stand like mountain yet flow like water, and make the dogs happy
boot up
Old Not Bold Hiker

boot up
Old Not Bold Hiker
PostFri Mar 25, 2016 7:43 am 
BlameTheDogz wrote:
Slugman wrote:
Uh, this thread is not about speeding, but rather about drivers who prevent the proper flow of traffic and increase the chances for accidents due to their own selfishness, fears, or other rationalizations. https://www.esurance.com/info/car/the-dangers-of-driving-too-slowly http://www.autoinsurancecenter.com/driving-slow-in-the-left-lane-is-dumb-and-illegal.htm
I think Slugman suffers from the malady.... "If you are the problem, you don't notice the problem".

friluftsliv
Voxxjin
made of hamburger

Voxxjin
made of hamburger
PostFri Mar 25, 2016 9:48 am 
BigSteve wrote:
Speaking of Pennsylvania, IME that state strictly enforces the rule that the left lane is only for passing and emergency vehicles.
Maybe times have changed since I lived there. But growing up in PA, a lot of people would drive in the left lane because the right lane was hell. The left lane was at least semi smooth. And those lanes were worse than the roads I drive around here.

Voxxjin
made of hamburger

Voxxjin
made of hamburger
PostFri Mar 25, 2016 9:51 am 
FJES6 wrote:
I'll be cruising along at the speed limit in the right lane, no one around and a car will come speeding up in the left lane. Right as its about to pass me it slows down to my speed and just drives right next to me for sometimes miles.
I notice the opposite. I still move to the left lane to pass and the car I am passing decides to speed up. Really!? Not sure if s/he doesn't want to be passed or that they realized that they were going slow.