Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Rental travel trailers
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
LizzyRN

LizzyRN
PostSat May 14, 2016 8:35 pm 
I'm looking for recommendations for travel trailer rentals. We would like to rent a couple different types this summer before we buy. I'd like to drag my husband on some adventures, but he says he spent enough nights in a tent while in the Army, so a travel trailer is the compromise. We are in Mount Vernon, so Seattle to Bellingham is preferred. Thanks!

LizzyRN Where's my inhaler?!
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostSun May 15, 2016 3:18 am 
Camping World rents RV's. I don't know about trailers. There is a Camping World in Burlington. Here is some info.. https://www.trails.com/how_40697_rent-rv-camping-world.html

Oh Pilot of the storm who leaves no trace Like thoughts inside a dream Heed the path that led me to that place Yellow desert stream.
Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostSun May 15, 2016 12:36 pm 
PS: Some Class C RV's were usually referred to as "Mini-RV's." Most are no different than driving a big U-Haul truck. A trailer is an entirely different animal. Backing a trailer up is really counter-intuitive. Hard to learn. Most folks don't know how to drive trailers. The RV companies may not rent them. I don't know. Good luck.

Oh Pilot of the storm who leaves no trace Like thoughts inside a dream Heed the path that led me to that place Yellow desert stream.
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSun May 15, 2016 6:25 pm 
We don't "drive" trailers. We tow them. biggrin.gif And no, I don't know of any rental places, but there must be one around Seattle, I would think. U-Haul used to rent little fiberglass travel trailers, but no more. Those old trailers are now coveted because they were made to be quite sturdy.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSun May 15, 2016 6:29 pm 
http://www.dreamchasersrv.com/search/?condition=R&gclid=CI-X5dS43cwCFZSEfgod-BoMMg

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
LizzyRN

LizzyRN
PostSun May 15, 2016 7:07 pm 
Thank you! Camping World has some pretty negative reviews for their service dept, but I've been in contact with them for rentals. Just looking for more options. Snowbrushy, I know exactly what you mean about some people being unable to tow a trailer. I've hauled a boat and my husband drove fuel tankers for years and now trains drivers at PACCAR Tech Center. He's my go to" backer upper, if needed. TReeswarper, I like your way of thinking. I'd like a teardrop trailer, he would like a little more room.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSun May 15, 2016 8:26 pm 
I think there may be a teardrop trailer rental in either Portland or Eugene? There is one for sure in California, it was written up in Sunset. Somebody on here http://tnttt.com/ might know more.

Schroder

Schroder
PostMon May 16, 2016 6:19 am 
Old School Trailer Works in Bellingham rents travel trailers

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostTue May 17, 2016 2:12 pm 
Schroder wrote:
Old School Trailer Works in Bellingham rents travel trailers
And they have a uhaul for rent. It don't get much better.

LizzyRN

LizzyRN
PostTue May 17, 2016 9:58 pm 
Thanks!

Schroder

Schroder
PostWed May 18, 2016 2:18 pm 
There's a place in Mukilteo too. Mostly larger trailers & RV's but they do have a teardrop, chalet and rpod: NW Adventure Rentals I was going to rent the teardrop but it was booked for the dates I was looking at.

HitTheTrail

HitTheTrail
PostWed May 18, 2016 7:46 pm 
If you want a bigger one with more amenities but don't have a beefy enough vehicle to pull it you could try "All Seasons RV" in Wenatchee. They will tow and set-up a fully furnished trailer any length you want (and come get it when you are done) if you are staying in the Confluence state Park in Wenatchee, Lake Chelan state park, Lincoln Rock state park (east wenatchee) or the county park on the river at Monitor just west of Wenatchee. And I think also Daroga State park north of Wenatchee. The price works out to be similar to a good hotel/motel room per night.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed May 18, 2016 8:27 pm 
I was thinking about buying an R-Pod. Might just rent it and see how I like it.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln