Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > man slipped down the sol duc falls and more, rescued
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostTue May 24, 2016 5:51 pm 
Jeffshootstokill1234 wrote:
My brother is far from being stupid. You need to stfu because you clearly think you're infallible when you're anything but. He made a mistake and learned a hard lesson. The last thing he needs is for people like you to call him names.
To whom are you cursing ?

bobbi ૐ "Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way!" - Oh, the Places You’ll Go! By Dr. Seuss
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Token Civilian

Token Civilian
PostTue May 24, 2016 6:33 pm 
Glad to hear he's going to be ok. Don't get the shorts in a twist you two.....look, the thing is this....some things are simply obvious objective hazards that are to be avoided. You don't walk up to bison in Yellowstone for a selfie. Getting too close to big, mean critters that toss you like a rag doll using a horn if they feel threatened - that's an obvious objective hazard. You don't stand on / walk along railroad tracks, especially if they're shiny and obviously well used. That's an obvious objective hazard - something about being the bug smeared on the windshield. (Recent one at work) You don't walk in front of a wide body airliner taxing down the tarmac toward the runway. Being ingested into the engine (which will turn you into cooked hamburger in a fraction of a second) or squashed under the landing gear is an obvious objective hazard. You don't move out on to slippery rocks amongst rushing water just above a steep drop off. That's an obvious objective hazard. You two just look like fools trying to defend the indefensible. This guy did a foolish thing.....and managed to live through it with (according to the news reports) little more injury than probably a bruised ego. He's damn lucky. I doubt anyone here thinks they're infallible. Understand though that to willfully go into such an obviously dangerous location without any precautions (say, by being tied in, climbing style) is mind boggling to most of the readers and posters here. The deserved mocking SHOULD hurt his pride (and yours Jeff and Conkers) a bit - it'll make him (and hopefully the two of you) better men for it in the future the next time he, or you two, considers entering into such obvious danger. So, instead of getting all defensive, how about you three sit down and ponder the situation a bit and come out of it a little wiser men.

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostTue May 24, 2016 7:09 pm 
Token Civilian wrote:
You two just look like fools trying to defend the indefensible. This guy did a foolish thing.....and managed to live through it with (according to the news reports) little more injury than probably a bruised ego. He's damn lucky. I doubt anyone here thinks they're infallible. Understand though that to willfully go into such an obviously dangerous location without any precautions (say, by being tied in, climbing style) is mind boggling to most of the readers and posters here. The deserved mocking SHOULD hurt his pride (and yours Jeff and Conkers) a bit - it'll make him (and hopefully the two of you) better men for it in the future the next time he, or you two, considers entering into such obvious danger. So, instead of getting all defensive, how about you three sit down and ponder the situation a bit and come out of it a little wiser men.
perfect

bobbi ૐ "Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way!" - Oh, the Places You’ll Go! By Dr. Seuss
Bernardo

Bernardo
PostTue May 24, 2016 7:39 pm 
A normal person probably would not have survived. Glad he survived to tell the tale!

trestle

trestle
PostWed May 25, 2016 5:51 am 
Hmmmm....West Point....can we get a refund on his tuition? Could you imagine having him as an officer? No thanks.

"Life favors the prepared." - Edna Mode
hikersarenumber1

hikersarenumber1
PostWed May 25, 2016 6:37 am 
I think that mocking those that get lucky and do not get a ride down two waterfalls is a-ok and maybe necessary, but this kid went for a ride. I think that is sufficient for a lesson, and his close friends and family are likely feeling a little bit emotional over it.

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostWed May 25, 2016 7:36 am 
My brother is far from being stupid. You need to stfu because you clearly think you're infallible when you're anything but. He made a mistake and learned a hard lesson. The last thing he needs is for people like you to call him names.
This seems appropriate in this context: Stupid is as stupid does Fortunately this guy -- it was a "learning opportunity" rather than "game over".

Doppelganger

Doppelganger
PostWed May 25, 2016 1:04 pm 

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jeffshootstokill1234

Jeffshootstokill1234
PostFri May 27, 2016 5:45 pm 
You're missing the point. I'm not defending his actions. Yes he did a foolish thing and yes he made a mistake. The point is that if y'all want to talk crap and call him a stupid person or say things to attack his character, you need to stfu. I hope something like this happens to somebody close to you so you can read all the stupid sh#% people say like that idiot asking for the tuition back from my brother's schooling at West Point. Nobody on this site could ever hope to scratch the surface of the intelligence that my brother possesses. Did he do something stupid? Yes. But that doesn't make him a stupid person and to say things like that just shows me that you're a bunch of asshats. I wish I was around you when you ran your mouths so I could punch you right in the face for being dicks. If it were someone else that did this and almost died the last thing I'd do is run my mouth about how they were so stupid and how much of an idiot they are/were. You people make me sick. You need to work on being decent human beings.

AlpineRose

AlpineRose
PostFri May 27, 2016 5:57 pm 
Quote:
I wish I was around you when you ran your mouths so I could punch you right in the face for being dicks.
This is just me, but I'd much rather have someone make fun of me than punch me in the face.

bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostFri May 27, 2016 6:07 pm 
I wish I was around you when you ran your mouths so I could punch you right in the face for being dicks. If it were someone else that did this and almost died the last thing I'd do is run my mouth about how they were so stupid and how much of an idiot they are/were. You people make me sick. You need to work on being decent human beings.
you should have quit posting because your true colors are showing! folks may have thought your brother stupid, etc. but seriously, right now, your posts are worse than what happened to your brother.

Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostFri May 27, 2016 7:16 pm 
We've been told time and time again to be respectful after accidents because frequently, a family member or friend find this site. And this thread why. This man was insulted before his family found this site. What did you think would be the reaction? I'm going to request this thread be locked.

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert