Forum Index > Partners > Hiking with a focus on plant identification, North Cascades
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Elise

Elise
PostThu Jun 02, 2016 11:42 am 
I am looking to get a small group together for hiking anytime Mon June 20, Tues June 21, or Weds June 22. I can be flexible with the date depending on your availability. I've been studying herbal medicine for about 8 years now and am very interested in plant identification. If you have an interest in edible wild foods, wildflower identification, or herbal medicine than I'd love to share our knowledge with each other and find a really beautiful meadow to explore. My primary motivation is just being outside in the beautiful North Cascades. I lived in Bellingham, WA for many years and go back about once a year to visit friends. I'm now living in Santa Fe, NM and my visits back to WA always have to involve me spending some time in the woods. I've done a lot of hiking in WA and definitely have my favorite spots that I would like to return to. I was hoping to find people who are interested in meeting in Bellingham around 10am and driving a maximum of two hours to our destination.... out Mt Baker Hwy or Hwy 20 ideally. I really enjoy longer hikes with a moderate pace. Hopefully, there is someone out there with similar interests who would like to join me. Looking forward to hearing from you...

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
NorthwestWanderer

NorthwestWanderer
PostThu Jun 02, 2016 11:03 pm 
That sounds awesome. Unfortunately I don't know much about plant species other than the basics (but would love to learn more) and I can only really hike on the weekend.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message