Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Need a Good Dentist- as oppsed to a bad one...
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
huron

huron
PostSun Jan 31, 2016 7:09 pm 
Raymond Hsu in Redmond. Highly recommended. http://www.wellnesscentereddentistry.com/

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
gray matter

gray matter
PostSun Jan 31, 2016 9:31 pm 
Badger, I am a dentist, and very happy to provide a recommendation for someone in your area. First, I echo the sentiments of those who say that you should get this checked out sooner than later. Dentistry can get more complex and expensive in some cases if you wait. It is difficult sometimes to assess the quality of your health care provider. Many of us get positive reviews because we are on time, we listen, and we don't hurt our patients. That has little to do with the quality of care that we provide. I am a graduate of an advanced learning center in Seattle called The Kois Center. The type of dentist who spends the amount of time and money to be involved in a group such as this is someone who is fully committed to providing the highest quality of care possible for their patients. I suggest contacting one of the following: Chris Pickel http://www.northseattledental.com Andy Lewis http://www.seattlegeneraldentistry.com I know Dr. Lewis personally and have referred several patients to him who have moved to Seattle from my area. I would go to him personally. Dr. Pickel has an incredible amount of experience and is one of the highest ranking members of our tribe. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions in particular. I will try to check my messages in the morning before I leave for the office. Good Luck, Gray Matter

LizzyRN

LizzyRN
PostTue Feb 02, 2016 10:51 pm 
cascadeclimber wrote:
Amazing how childhood experiences like that get rooted very, very deeply.
So very true. I remember telling my mom that it hurt the entire time I was getting fillings..... bawl.gif I'm so glad pain management is a real thing now,especially in dentistry. As a nurse, pain is now the 5th vital sign. I'm constantly assessing, treating and managing pain. Of course, we also have the addicts seeking pain meds, so sometimes it seems as if those who need the meds, don't get them. But, that's a whole other story.

LizzyRN Where's my inhaler?!
tigermn

tigermn
PostWed Feb 03, 2016 10:48 am 
Navy salad wrote:
WARNING: I tried soliciting recommendations for a "particularly good" dentist at my office several years ago by sending an email to the entire office. I'd say about 80% of the people there thought their dentist was "particularly good" (sort of like Lake Wobegon, where all of the children are above average). It seems that most people think highly of their dentist (whether deserved or not), otherwise they wouldn't be going to him/her.
Exactly.. Just like doctors.. Anyone you will ask will say theirs is good. Beware.... Now having said that.... Back in the late 80's we just happened to live next to a dentist and my wife needed some dental work. On a whim she went to the dentist across the street. I switched over a few years later when my childhood dentist said nothing was causing my toothache when in fact it turned out I needed a root canal... For general dentistry: Dr. Bethel in Renton. Been going for years. If you are into/want lots of drugs, they can give you the good stuff. I guess you have to take special training or something for some of these new relaxant drugs. Of course plenty of nova-cane and optional laughing gas. If you need a root canal you can't beat Dr West but you will have to drive to Tacoma. Had two done there. It is their specialty.

Badger

Badger
PostThu Feb 11, 2016 5:28 pm 
Update! At work so have to make this one quick. Thanks again for all of your recommendations. As I stated I went with Cascadeclimbers Dentist. After reading the posts and going thru the visit I am sure that the Dentists are all top notch. Seems like Dentistry has evolved more than I knew. They got me in on Monday and it was really good that I did go in. Major infection on top of the tooth issue. Tooth was a loss and had to be removed... bawl.gif But he doped me (wow!) really good (double wow!)and was able to get it out with minimal discomfort. No matter what music they play in the head phones or how many drugs they give you there is no silencing the wrenching. Ugh!! But at least I was feeling no pain- only the sound in my head. brrr. Now we are looking at long term care and what I need to do to keep this from happening again. Like seeing the Dentist on a regular basis- I am good with that if it means not living thru another bad tooth. Monday is my follow up and initial cleaning with a baseline set of x-rays. All in all I was very surprised and happy (as one can be)- For The First Time- Ever. Dang. Who would have thought. So life is good and I am once again enjoying solid food and smiling. hockeygrin.gif You folks Rock!!!! Thanks CC!

cascadeclimber

cascadeclimber
PostThu Feb 11, 2016 7:29 pm 
Badger wrote:
Thanks CC!
up.gif up.gif up.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif up.gif Really, very thrilled to hear you bucked up and got it handled. So not fun, but much better to have it in the rear view mirror than keeping you up at night.

If not now, when?
gray matter

gray matter
PostThu Feb 11, 2016 10:20 pm 
tigermn wrote:
If you need a root canal you can't beat Dr West but you will have to drive to Tacoma. Had two done there. It is their specialty.
Tigermn, if you saw Dr. John West (dad), you were treated by a world class endodontist. He is widely respected in our profession. His sons, Dr. Jason and Dr. Jordan, are also amazing and have treated me personally. Badger, kudos to you for taking care of your concern. Cheers, Matt

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostFri Feb 12, 2016 7:32 am 
gray matter wrote:
tigermn wrote:
If you need a root canal you can't beat Dr West but you will have to drive to Tacoma. Had two done there. It is their specialty.
Tigermn, if you saw Dr. John West (dad), you were treated by a world class endodontist. He is widely respected in our profession. His sons, Dr. Jason and Dr. Jordan, are also amazing and have treated me personally. Badger, kudos to you for taking care of your concern. Cheers, Matt
I went to him. He is very good and has a good sense of humor. I did have a very complicated root system and didn't like having to get pictures taken so he could show it at his lectures. I also didn't like it when he said, "You've got to see what I'm doing." and switched the overhead screen to a live stream of my pulsing inside of tooth and icky stuff. He also did everything in one visit as I requested with the caveat of, "If I drill in and puss starts squirting out, I'll have to wait until the infection calms down and another appointment will be needed." You do get a $20 coupon for Subway at the end but I noted that the bill, which is very painful, was Something and twenty dollars.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
wolffie

wolffie
PostTue Feb 16, 2016 1:08 pm 
Wait until you get a toothache. Then, every dentist will be good. We found a looted burial site in the desert once, with human bones exposed on the surface by the a$$h0les who looted their grave. Both jaws were clearly visible, almost all of the big chewing teeth were gone, with the sockets filled in with bone. Living mostly on corn, which starts turning to sugar in your mouth within about 15 minutes, this person lost all those teeth the slow way, with maybe willow bark for pain relief. Make a yucca fiber srtring, loop one end around your tooth, the other around a rock, and throw it off the cliff. That's life without a dentist.

Some people have better things to do with their lives than walking the dog. Some don't.
Badger

Badger
PostTue May 31, 2016 8:41 pm 
Here is the irony= After years I have found a Dentist I am happy with. Boss asked me to move to Phoenix and manage a new DC (Data Center) I Love Life. clown.gif

AR

AR
PostSat Jun 04, 2016 2:12 pm 
Camano Island Dental Center did a good job at taking their time and letting the Novocain set in. Then being carful and asking if anything was miserable during the filling. I love dentistry and for years as a kid wanted to head down that career path. Alas, that was not my calling. I do feel that it's used as a huge money grab this day and age. Many things have come way down in price on the front end, only to be marked up by hundreds if not thousands of percent to the patient. More and more dentistry is for the privileged and well off rather than basic health care for modest incomes.

...wait...are we just going to hang here or go hiking?