Forum Index > Partners > Wind Rivers 2017
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
The Lead Dog

The Lead Dog
PostMon Jul 18, 2016 2:31 pm 
Got a date for next year. Leaving Friday midnight July 21. Coming back Aug 1st. I want to be up front with everyone. My wife asked to go back to Montana in May. Next year might be the last year that she will be able to travel to Montana. So If she can make it, that comes before me and my wishes. I will know more as time goes by. It's over a year from now, so I will have a better idea next Spring. But as of now those are the dates I have planned. Thanks so much!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostTue Jul 19, 2016 4:55 pm 
AS i ALWAYS SAY.....I'M ALL IN!!!.... up.gif up.gif hockeygrin.gif

The Lead Dog

The Lead Dog
PostWed Jul 20, 2016 8:32 am 
lol.gif Yes you are!!!!!

Stefan

Stefan
PostWed Jul 20, 2016 9:59 am 
I have been in the southern section. I am curious. What are your goals for this trip and location?

Art is an adventure.
The Lead Dog

The Lead Dog
PostThu Jul 21, 2016 11:29 am 
Hike in to a place I found a few years back in between many fine fishing lakes. Base camp, then Fish, rest, enjoy the beautiful country, fish, rest, have a sip of good Bourbon in the evening and enjoy a fine Cigar now and then. And just enjoy probably my last trip to the Winds.

General ****

General ****
PostFri Jul 22, 2016 9:04 am 
Lead Dog, I was planning on going to the Winds this September (and) in 2017, but a free Alaska Moose hunt was offered at the same time, (Sept, 2016), and that won out. However, a July - Aug 2017 trip looks like a go at this time, with that said, count me in. General

The General primarily backpacks solo.
The Lead Dog

The Lead Dog
PostFri Jul 22, 2016 11:21 am 
Free Alaskan Moose hunt!!?? Even if I was planning on going this year, that would have been a reason for having to back out! Like I said in my initial post I will know by early Spring for sure if it's a go. I already put in and got approved for the time off for the Winds trip just in case. Thanks for coming on board Mr. General sir!

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostThu Oct 06, 2016 6:30 am 
Buuummmp...ALL IN!!!.....

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostTue Nov 22, 2016 12:43 pm 
buuump...STILL ON BILLYYY????

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostSun Jan 01, 2017 10:58 am 
Spoke to leaddoggie....trip is still on so get those dates...I am planning on 11 days.... 2 nights in pinedal to aclimatize..and 2 nights car camping there and back..6-7 hiking nights. overnight late camp in montana (12-1am) then arrive pinedale 3 pm next day...first night car camping,second night at lodge...hike 6-7 nights, overnight in pinedale after hiking out....2 days to drive home... we can fit 3 per cabin on the lake...40-45$each...total trip for me is 350$ incl.food- gas.. prob. shower in town and camp the last night near pinedale...only one night at the lake resort or log cabin motel...

General ****

General ****
PostSun Jan 01, 2017 9:06 pm 
Gnome, I talked to "The Lead Dog" yesterday and I am all in for a trip to the Winds. Dates, times and how long are all fine with me. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. HAPPY NEW YEAR! smile.gif General

The Lead Dog

The Lead Dog
PostTue Jan 03, 2017 12:30 pm 
OK here is what I came up with. New place, new trailhead, new lakes, new scenery. Same dates. Leave from my house at 10:00 PM on July 21 (Friday) return on around July 30-31. But here is the change. I would like to drive past Pinedale to Boulder (14 Mi.) At 7000' Elv.+ stay the night at the Boulder Inn Motel then the next day (if we feel ok) drive to The Big Sandy Trailhead. About 40 Mi. from Boulder. Then Hike in to either Dad's or Marms Lakes on the Fremont Trail. Dad's is about 6 Mi. in. Marms is another mile or so past. The next day hike to Cross Lake, another 6 Mi. in, and set up a Base came to fish all the lakes around us. Raid, and all the lakes that flow from the outlet. Up the valley, and points toward the crest (East) Cross has Grayling as well as Golden's. Ditto for Raid. So 12-13 miles total in and fish our brains out. There also is fishing at Dad's or Marms. I just by chance have the maps. I can give the names if anyone wants them. The grade is easier than the drive to the trailhead so it will not be a grinding 13 Mi. We have 3 going so far, including me. I can take 1 more. I will provide 2 rooms at the Boulder Inn. Anyone else going will have to do there own logistics. Let me know what you think, either by E-Mail or a PM. Will be a GREAT UNFORGETABLE TRIP!!!!!

General ****

General ****
PostTue Jan 03, 2017 12:49 pm 
Sounds great to me, I'm in. General

The Lead Dog

The Lead Dog
PostTue Jan 03, 2017 3:59 pm 
UPDATE: Called Pinedale RS. I now have to submit a group application permit which they sent me. No big deal now, but where we would have gone, it would have been effected. I have to have everything submitted by April 1st. And they review as a 1st received first granted permit system. The word has gone out! I plan on sending everything in as soon as I can. I know it's real early to do this put my hand is now a little forced.

The Lead Dog

The Lead Dog
PostWed Jan 04, 2017 2:11 pm 
Update to the update: Permit sent in. I got it for 7 people total. We can meet in Boulder at different times on either Saturday the 22 or early in the morning on Sunday the 23rd when we drive up to the trailhead. But we all have to go in at the same time. Otherwise you can't be included on my permit. Crazy rules, but at least we will have a permit!!!! Any questions, P?M or E-Mail me.