Forum Index > Partners > Female backpacking partner
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
KLSedwick

KLSedwick
PostSun Jul 17, 2016 1:18 pm 
I'm hoping to find a female--or two or three -- to go on the occasional backpack trip with me - in particular I'd like to go to Indian Heaven Wilderness (or?) August 2-5 this summer. I'm 54, strong regular hiker, but not a racehorse type. I'm fairly quiet outdoors and enjoy the peace of hiking (i.e. I'm not the one sharing my playlist with the world as you pass me by!). I'm married, but my husband decided he's not up to full-on backpacking these days, so for safety sake I'd like to share a trip. I live in the Issaquah/Sammamish area. Any takers? We can meet for coffee to see how it feels and plan a trip. Email me please. Katherine

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
shrimptoast

shrimptoast
PostTue Jul 19, 2016 10:57 am 
Hi there, I am also in search of an occasional female backpacking partner or two. I'm 38, married with 4 kids. My husband and I have taken them on several backpacking trips, which we enjoy. However, sometimes it is nice to get out for a trip without the crowd of children. I'm not an overly chatty person and like to go up in the mountains for the beauty and quiet, but am concerned about safety going alone. This week, my family is off on a little roadtrip without me, and I'm really interested in heading up for some backpacking. We went to Robin Lakes last year and I'd love to go there again. Anyway, let me know if you might be up for something like that!

Shrimptoast (aka Anna)
KLSedwick

KLSedwick
PostTue Jul 19, 2016 11:05 am 
That looks like a nice trip! Unfortunately my vacation doesn't start for a little while yet. Any chance of a trip August 2-5? If not, lets look for another time maybe. Thanks for responding!

shrimptoast

shrimptoast
PostTue Jul 19, 2016 11:35 am 
I don't think I could go that week because my daughter's birthday is 8/4. Mid-week generally is a little hard for me as my husband works and I have the kids. This week is highly unusual, schedule-wise. Any chance of a weekend backpack? 1-2 nights?

Shrimptoast (aka Anna)
KLSedwick

KLSedwick
PostTue Jul 19, 2016 12:10 pm 
Possibly later in August (vacation) but I work on Sunday mornings so my 'weekend' is Thursday evening through Saturday afternoon usually.

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month
PostTue Jul 19, 2016 9:01 pm 
I can sometimes be available. Current sched. has me off mostly Fri-Sat-Sun. Have sawing and rangering and other stuff on the table (always), but could be taken away from all that for something soothing to the soul. 50, slow as molasses, like company and solitude, sharing gas money is always a bonus. IHW could be interesting, but I keep eyeing Conrad Basin & environs (for years now). Open to ideas.

Tomorrow's not promised to anyone, so be bold, scare yourself, attempt something with no guarantee of success. You'll be amazed at what you can achieve. -Olive McGloin
KLSedwick

KLSedwick
PostWed Jul 20, 2016 12:03 am 
I didn't know Conrad Basin, but I just looked it up and it's beautiful--that could be a really nice trip. I'll pm to see if we can coordinate a possible time. Thanks!

paddington
Lovetohike

paddington
Lovetohike
PostThu Jul 21, 2016 4:26 pm 
Hi, I'm slow too, 57 Y/O female and looking for others to backpack with. Can go Thursdays thru Sundays. Love GPW area. Live in South Sound. Also enjoy peace and quiet of the woods.

Neet

Neet
PostMon Aug 08, 2016 10:17 pm 
This is becoming a nice list of women looking for female hiking partners, so I'll throw my name in too. Overall I might be just a little faster than some women my age and I like more rough-and-tumble things than average, such as going off trail and coming down in the dark. But gentler things are great sometimes too, and I love learning about new places. Also, going with someone slower would give me opportunities to practice navigation or work on my dogs' skills (I always hike with two good trail dogs [malinois] who love to learn agility feats and such). I'm "between jobs" at the moment so have some flexibility. Live in Tacoma but can drive up north.

Radiator81

Radiator81
PostThu Jun 08, 2023 9:32 am 
Hello, Having moved and lost my hiking groups after returning to the Seattle Tacoma area, I am looking for women 50 plus to start a small group of women hikers. Or if you know are a group, I am interested! I used to hike alone and still do at Rainier but not as comfortable other places as in the past, at age 65. I like 10 mile hikes with a variety of elevation gains. The more I get out, the more I can endure more miles and elevation. Washington Native and missing all the hiking I have done in the past. You can PM me. Thanks!

jeannette

jeannette
PostSun Jun 18, 2023 8:50 pm 
I am an avid PCT section hiker gal who is 64 years old and I mostly go solo so it would be fun for me to join up with some gals too. I live in Northwest Washington and have done a lot of hiking in Washington and Oregon but always willing to retrace/redo places I have been. Keep me in on the loop. I am a retired Special education teacher.

Radiator81

Radiator81
PostSun Jun 18, 2023 9:31 pm 
Hi Jeanette, Where in NW Washington? Right now I am South of D.T. Seattle. It would be nice if some other gals join in here. The two above me were posted in 2016! Also, not sure if there is a way to send private messages here? Not sure it all needs to be posted for all to see, but maybe for safety? Not sure. Also retired, from healthcare field. barb

jeannette

jeannette
PostSun Jun 18, 2023 9:45 pm 
I will PM you Radiator 81. Gosh I didn't even look at the year!

snowmonkey

snowmonkey
PostTue Jun 20, 2023 6:33 am 
Hello! Pming to this as well

Ocian in view! O! The joy! William Clark
TDM

TDM
PostTue Aug 01, 2023 12:07 pm 
Hi all, I live in Canada but am new to hiking in the PNW. I travel with friends from here for the last two years but it would be nice to have some female partners in the area. So anyone that wants to hike. I’m in. We should set up a WhatsApp connection and see if we can make time off work. Hahaha I didn’t look at the date either. Wow