Forum Index > Partners > Is there a weekend hike on 6th and/or 7th I could join?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Aditi

Aditi
PostFri Aug 05, 2016 7:13 am 
Hi, I'm from France and this is my first time in the US! It's only a quick business trip, I work for a company in Bellevue and I'm here for a couple of weeks for training, so I've basically only got this weekend free. I'd really, really love to go hiking Saturday and/or Sunday in one of the national parks, it's something I'd dreamt of if I ever got the opportunity to come to the States! But as I'm not renting a car and it might be quite a hassle trying to get there on my own, and as I've only got a little tame hiking experience, I'd really appreciate it if there was a group setting off from Bellevue or Seattle that would be willing to take me along! I may not have much experience, but I'm young (26), fit, and I've got really comfy hiking shoes I could happily walk all day in smile.gif I'd contribute to gas/expenses. Thanks in advance for your responses!

I'm only in the US for a week or two and it's my first time. I'd really love to go on a quick hiking trip in Mt Rianier park or something on the weekend I have free, it's one of the things I'd dreamed of doing if I ever came to the US!
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostFri Aug 05, 2016 10:18 am 
Get onto Facebook and search Washington Hikers & Climbers! Lots of folks there to hike with! No offense to this group but we're mostly lone weirdos when it comes to hiking. That Facebook group is a good bet for you

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
Aditi

Aditi
PostFri Aug 05, 2016 11:11 am 
Ok will do, thanks for the advice :-)

I'm only in the US for a week or two and it's my first time. I'd really love to go on a quick hiking trip in Mt Rianier park or something on the weekend I have free, it's one of the things I'd dreamed of doing if I ever came to the US!