Forum Index > Partners > Trip to Wallowas after Labor Day?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
SE Ben

SE Ben
PostFri Aug 19, 2016 12:37 pm 
Looking for partners for a 4 or 5 day trip to the Wallowas sometime between Sept 6 and Sept 20. Weather at night is usually still warm, but usually there's been a cold night already and the mosquitoes are gone. I've done the East-Fork-Wallowa-River-Polaris Pass and the West Fork Wallowa routes into the Lakes Basin. I'd gladly do the Polaris Pass entry again since I got chased off the mountain by a thunderstorm the time I did it and didn't get to see anything beyond the trail 5' in front of me. I'd like to pay the $31 to take the Mt Howard tramway up from Wallowa Lake and then do the traverse to Aneroid Mt. Also open to doing a Lostine-Minam loop or some other non-Lakes Basin trip... or your suggestion. I'd like to do a shakedown hike or overnight trip the week after Labor Day with potential Wallowas trail partners to make sure we're ready for a longer trip together. But we can figure it out online and on the phone, if necessary. One possibility -- we could do a Mt Hood hike as a shakedown and then overnight at a friend's house near Hood before we continue on to the Wallowas. Facebook and Portland Meetup hiking profiles available on request.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message