Forum Index > Partners > Hiking friends
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
MntnCouple

MntnCouple
PostTue Apr 05, 2016 11:25 am 
Were a mid 50s couple looking for hiking friends. A little back ground proposed to her on summit of MNT Adams 2007 we snow shoe snow camp, hike a lot around mount Rainier. Not in the shape we were when we climbed mount Adams after a few year stint with serious medical Issues over now. Hiking our way back into shape .

Dont get caught on the wrong side of stupid
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostWed Apr 06, 2016 11:42 am 
MntnCouple wrote:
Were a mid 50s couple looking for hiking friends.
Check your PM. up.gif

"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
Triciaann777

Triciaann777
PostSun May 01, 2016 4:57 pm 
Do you want to hike near the Smith brook rd close to Stevens pass? Where do you want to go this year? I would like to see Goat lake, Twin Lakes./the one next to it .... I have not completely exhausted possibilities along the Mountain loop highway, Stevens Pass, but I am really longing to see more of the Glacier Peak Region. I can handle 1000-up to 2000 ft gain on some adventures, and up to 10 miles on some routes. I enjoy a challenge, but I don't want to get delirious from one day out. ( I have pushed my limits in the past and experienced beyond "the zone." I wouldn't call it a good place to be at physically/mentally. Hidden Lake may be my biggest challenge this yr.....

Tricia's Mantra You were made to move,
Triciaann777

Triciaann777
PostSun May 01, 2016 4:59 pm 
the last message was for the mountain couple or other enthusiasts who want hiking friends this yr......

Bright River
goslowgofar

Bright River
goslowgofar
PostTue May 03, 2016 8:59 pm 
check your PM = Inbox Icon top right

..-and rest thee by many brooks and hearthsides without misgiving. Rise free from care before the dawn and seek adventures. Let the noon find thee by other lakes, and the night overtake thee everywhere at home. HDT
hikerman77

hikerman77
PostWed May 04, 2016 6:05 am 
I have been hiking the Stevens Pass area last year and want to continue to keep exploring the area. I am easy going, can do short or long hikes. I hiked Janus Lake, Lake Valhalla, Lake Serene, Blanca Lake and many others last year. Looking for friends who like to get out and enjoy the beauty of Washington State and the mountains.

Bugs

Bugs
PostSun May 08, 2016 8:44 am 
My wife and I are late 50's and get out several times a summer. We are good for 6-7 miles one way and not more than 1500 ft elevation in a day. We push beyond that occasionally but prefer mellow trips to peaceful lakes via well maintained trails. If I am not with my wife, I get off the beaten path and can cover a lot of ground. For the record, I would go with my wife as a first choice. We have a great time and she loves to socialize.

Always out there.
Triciaann777

Triciaann777
PostMon May 09, 2016 3:14 pm 
Where do you want to go now hiking friends? I did 8 miles last Sat and we were at 4100 ft when we hit snow (that's where I stop....usually). I am in to a hike to an alpine lake or and views of Mt ridges. Lets get the ideas rolling. Round Lake seems too far but doable when more snow melts. 5.5 miles one way. I can handle 8 at the most until I can jack up my Thyroid. Last weekend was hard.

Bugs

Bugs
PostTue May 10, 2016 8:33 am 
Who is up for Kaleetan lake this weekend? I can leave Friday after 5PM from Redmond. Drive up I90 to exit 45 - FS RD 9030 and up to the Talupus Lake trailhead. Hike up to one of the lakes, Talapus 1.9, Ollalie 2.5, Pratt 4.0, Lower Tuskohatchie Lake 5.0 and spend the night. I would be fine with any of these. And you could just do that part if you wanted to go home Saturday. Saturday, hike up to Kaleetan lake and set up camp. Possibly hike up to the saddle between Kaleetan and Chair Peak Lakes. Snow pack should be present here and there but I doubt that snow shoes will be needed. But they might be nice to have in a few places like dropping down into Pratt lake on the north side of the ridge. I would go without them and count on the snow being firm enough to walk on top. PM me if you want to go. I have room in my RAV4 for three people.

Always out there.
LizzyRN

LizzyRN
PostSat Jun 04, 2016 4:03 pm 
Bugs wrote:
For the record, I would go with my wife as a first choice. We have a great time and she loves to socialize.
I just love this comment! It's nice to read. My husband will day hike, but he's not into camping or backpacking. "Too much time in a tent in the Army." I can respect that, but wish it was something we enjoyed together. That being said, I'm not a fan of the Harley!

LizzyRN Where's my inhaler?!
NorthwestWanderer

NorthwestWanderer
PostSat Jun 04, 2016 9:34 pm 
Hey everyone, I'm new to washington and really would like to start backpacking in the area (main reason why I moved here). If you need a hiking partner on the weekend let me know I've got 0 commitments on weekends! I'm really fit but I currently don't have my snow shoes with me (they're back in michigan and won't get to me until late fall of this year). Though I'm down for (day hikes, over nighters, two dayers)

Bugs

Bugs
PostWed Aug 10, 2016 1:08 pm 
Check out my invitation for Labor Day weekend!

Always out there.
Triciaann777

Triciaann777
PostThu Aug 18, 2016 8:00 pm 
Were going near Stevens pass to the Kelly creek trail Sat 8 am. We could meet in Gold Bar. I'm taking Nancy unless she is excited about driving that day. Expect to be back by sun down.....but not much earlier, that's our typical MO.

Triciaann777

Triciaann777
PostThu Aug 25, 2016 7:28 pm 
it would be nice to get in the woods/Mountains this Sat..... near Stevens pass or Mt Loop Highway wondering where I should go. I'm considering the mill creek rd near Lanam Lake trail and go toward Lake Josephine..... Anyone else interested in that area or want to warn me against it?