Forum Index > Partners > Hiking partner(s) for day hikes near Seattle
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
David Cole
Waterfall lover

David Cole
Waterfall lover
PostSun Aug 28, 2016 3:03 pm 
I'm fairly new to the Seattle area (although I lived in Oregon years ago and joined NWHikers at that time), and I'm hoping to meet some new people and broaden my horizons in terms of hiking destinations. I'm 41 and not in the best physical shape, so I'm hoping to start with the easier hikes and work my way up to the more hardcore stuff over time. In the recent past I've done 6-mile hikes with ~1500 feet of elevation gain, and could probably do more if I pushed myself and took my time. My favorite destinations involve lakes, rivers, waterfalls, and old-growth forests. The occasional panoramic view is icing on the cake. Some of the hikes high on my to-do list include the Boulder River trail, Goat Lake, Lake Serene / Bridal Veil Falls, Cascade Pass, and the Maple Pass loop. I live in downtown Seattle and don't own a car, but I'm planning to buy one next year. In the meantime I make do with a rental car roughly every couple weeks, but I'd be happy to chip in for gas at other times if somebody else is driving. Unfortunately I don't yet have the gear for overnight backpacking, so I'm just doing day hikes for now. If anybody is interested, feel free to hit me up.

"The mountains are calling and I must go." -- John Muir web | twitter | facebook
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
paddington
Lovetohike

paddington
Lovetohike
PostWed Aug 31, 2016 8:35 am 
Hi , can you get to North Bend on the bus, sounds like we would be the same pace. Lorey

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message