Forum Index > Support & Feedback > Embedding 360 photos
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Opus
Wannabe

Opus
Wannabe
PostTue Sep 20, 2016 3:40 pm 
I've been taking 360 panoramas for a long time now. Finally image hosters are getting their acts together about sharing them. Is there a good way yet to embed them into NWHikers? I've seen one or two reports where someone has added them to Google Maps and embedded that. I haven't had much luck getting Google to accept the photos though. Now Flickr can display them, and allows sharing, but I can't seem to get more than the thumbnail to show up here. From flickr I'm given the option to embed and it provides this code:
Or can download the BBcode:
PANO_20160910_173633
PANO_20160910_173633
As you can see they both just show a thumbnail that goes nowhere, compared to what it should look like: Link to 360 photo Any idea what I'm missing?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Sep 20, 2016 8:24 pm 
For security reasons we can't allow users to embed scripts, but I've enabled it for that particular flickr embed sequence. FWIW, the flickr script seems buggy. On my screen it doesn't rotate automatically like it does on flickr. And the arrow buttons don't work properly either.

Opus
Wannabe

Opus
Wannabe
PostTue Sep 20, 2016 10:11 pm 
So if I embed other images with that same script would it work, or is it only for this particular photo?

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Sep 20, 2016 10:39 pm 
It should work for any flickr image. For grins I decided to compare google's viewer with flickr. I prefer google's viewer as you can embed higher resolution images and it has a fullscreen option. That said I'm not sure google's viewer works on IOS (due to viewer and image hosted on different domains). Edit: removed google viewer as it's not playing nice with some browsers

Opus
Wannabe

Opus
Wannabe
PostWed Sep 21, 2016 7:29 am 
Thanks! I also prefer Google's but I can't seem to reliably upload photos. Hopefully flickr gets their act together, but at least there are ways to share these now. I've been taking them for years but until recently the best way to view them was through Google+ and even that wasn't great.

awilsondc

awilsondc
PostWed Oct 05, 2016 6:56 am 
I love photospheres, but also wish there was a better way to share them. I'm sure changes are coming, but right now this is how I do mine. I upload them to Google Maps via the Google Street View app on my phone. From there I use this link to locate the photosphere I just uploaded. Once you've found your photosphere on the map, move the view around until you find the main view you want it to start with, then copy the code on the right and paste the code where ever you are posting it. I hate having to upload everything to Google Maps, but it seems to be the best way to do it right now. The other advantage of this viewer is that users can zoom in and out using the mouse wheel. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before there is a better option so if someone finds one post it here!