Forum Index > Trail Talk > Canyon Cr bridge (3 Fingers) rebarricaded
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostWed Sep 21, 2016 4:14 pm 
Well, the press release that was sent about the road closure for bridge repairs has been corrected and re-released - no repair to the bridge or road. Since quite a few people read that post, I took it down and replaced it with this one. Sorry. frown.gif Chances are the Press Release was meant to reinforce that the road is closed at the bridge due to so many people getting around the closure and driving to the trail head. I wonder if a Supervisor's Order was issued this time. But whatever, repair is a false alarm.

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostWed Sep 21, 2016 4:41 pm 
Don't tease like that! eek.gif I'd given that road up as gone for good, then I saw your other post and thought there was hope again.

Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostWed Sep 21, 2016 4:43 pm 
Yeah, well. I believed the Press Release. But I guess we have to believe the re-Release of the Press Release. frown.gif

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
fourteen410

fourteen410
PostWed Sep 21, 2016 5:10 pm 
Link? I can't find it on the FS website (shocker, I know).

Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostWed Sep 21, 2016 8:02 pm 
If was an erroneous release. The clarification is simply that the USFS is reinstalling the barricade at Canyon Creek bridge. Road to remain closed and unrepaired as it has been. haven't checked the site, I got the release via email

lopper
off-route

lopper
off-route
PostWed Sep 21, 2016 8:22 pm 
That's fine. Bike on standby.
TrailheadAssist
TrailheadAssist

JVesquire

JVesquire
PostWed Sep 21, 2016 8:30 pm 
Can you cut and paste the re-release? I can't find it on their site.

Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostThu Sep 22, 2016 6:57 am 
Here's the re-release. Everett, WA, Sept 21, 2016. – The Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest will reclose Forest Service Road (FSR) 41 at the Canyon Creek Bridge on the Darrington Ranger District beginning September 26th, 2016. The bridge has structural issues and needs to be closed to motorized travel. Foot and bicycle travel is allowed beyond the bridge. FSR 41 will be closed beginning at the South Fork Canyon Creek Bridge to motor vehicles during this time. A barrier will be placed along the road beginning on September 26, 2016 and will remain in place until further notice. Learn more about recreation opportunities on the Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie website. Plan your visit check trail and road conditions or call the Forest Service office you plan to visit for more information. Tracy M. O’Toole Public Affairs Officer Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest www.fs.usda.gov/mbs

lopper
off-route

lopper
off-route
PostThu Sep 22, 2016 7:09 am 
smile.gif Thanks for posting the USFS line. In this case, I am pretty sure that "until further notice" will be a long, long time.