Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > NPS leadership excoriated for sexual harrassment
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Ringangleclaw

Ringangleclaw
PostSat Sep 24, 2016 11:23 am 
Ski wrote:
Note the Seattle Times attempts twice in that quote above to make an issue of the selling price, as though that had anything to do with anything.
Actually it does. If the house sold at appraised value, or if it had sold at a higher price after a bidding war, there would be little to question. But the house did sell for a substantial price above it's KC appraised value, with little time on the market and no attempt to substantiate this price. So the price is a meaningful metric here.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
WANative

WANative
PostSat Sep 24, 2016 11:26 am 
Ringangleclaw wrote:
Lets not forget this report which gives lie to the NPS claim that it's Rangers suffer the second highest rate of assault upon LEO's in the Federal system. Careful reading will show that the NPS puts general surliness, uncooperativeness, and verbal BS in the same catagory as actual assault, allowing them to claim that their LEO's operate in a very dangerous climate, when the opposite is actually true. http://www.jmu.edu/icle/pdf_files/Applied%20Research/Analysis%20of%20Assaults%20on%20National%20Park%20Service%20Rangers.pdf
In the case of the Grand Canyon, it was guides (who were not employees of the NPS) harassing female NPS employees.

WANative

WANative
PostSat Sep 24, 2016 11:28 am 
Ringangleclaw wrote:
Actually it does. If the house sold at appraised value, or if it had sold at a higher price after a bidding war, there would be little to question. But the house did sell for a substantial price above it's KC appraised value, with little time on the market and no attempt to substantiate this price. So the price is a meaningful metric here.
It sold for the "Make me Move" price.

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostSat Sep 24, 2016 11:29 am 
Ski wrote:
oops... I was wrong. It was a KING County Prosecutor's Office that didn't prosecute the case, not a Pierce County Prosecutor's Office.
Actually -- you are still wrong on that nit-picky point. Re-read it again. When basic reading comprehension skills are so low -- how is one to expect that facts contradicting ones already held position would be taken in.

Ringangleclaw

Ringangleclaw
PostSat Sep 24, 2016 12:04 pm 
WANative wrote:
Ringangleclaw wrote:
It sold for the "Make me Move" price.
OMG! You know Peter Whittaker.

Ringangleclaw

Ringangleclaw
PostSat Sep 24, 2016 12:09 pm 
WANative wrote:
Ringangleclaw wrote:
Lets not forget this report which gives lie to the NPS claim that it's Rangers suffer the second highest rate of assault upon LEO's in the Federal system. Careful reading will show that the NPS puts general surliness, uncooperativeness, and verbal BS in the same catagory as actual assault, allowing them to claim that their LEO's operate in a very dangerous climate, when the opposite is actually true. http://www.jmu.edu/icle/pdf_files/Applied%20Research/Analysis%20of%20Assaults%20on%20National%20Park%20Service%20Rangers.pdf
In the case of the Grand Canyon, it was guides (who were not employees of the NPS) harassing female NPS employees.
OMG, you know Peter Whittaker. The linked document has nothing to do with the ongoing sexual assault and harassment investigation. It show how the NPS paints a picture of how dangerous it is to be a LEO in the NPS, using assaults on officers as their primary metric. Unfortunately for those interested in the truth and in the NPS, they cook the books and include such things as unresponsiveness and surliness as assaults, when we all know that isn't true.

WANative

WANative
PostSat Sep 24, 2016 12:28 pm 
Ringangleclaw wrote:
The linked document has nothing to do with the ongoing sexual assault and harassment investigation. It show how the NPS paints a picture of how dangerous it is to be a LEO in the NPS, using assaults on officers as their primary metric. Unfortunately for those interested in the truth and in the NPS, they cook the books and include such things as unresponsiveness and surliness as assaults, when we all know that isn't true.
It was a generic response, not necessarily in regards to that PDF. But yeah, there is no way any NPS ranger or employee catches the same amount of flack and faces the same dangers as say a cop in Baltimore or New York or where ever.

Ulysses

Ulysses
PostSat Sep 24, 2016 1:37 pm 
So true. I work for the NPS. I've talked to LEO rangers that complain about the difficulty of getting their task book signed off because of the lack of incidents.

Ringangleclaw

Ringangleclaw
PostSat Sep 24, 2016 7:33 pm 
Ulysses wrote:
So true. I work for the NPS. I've talked to LEO rangers that complain about the difficulty of getting their task book signed off because of the lack of incidents.
Yet the NPS claims that their LEO's suffer the second highest rate of assaults upon law enforcement of any federal agency. Weird huh? A lot of it might be that the Feds really aren't a hands on police force the way that the SPD is. But anyway, they cook their own books, why?

Klapton

Klapton
PostSat Sep 24, 2016 8:45 pm 
Ringangleclaw wrote:
Ulysses wrote:
Yet the NPS claims that their LEO's suffer the second highest rate of assaults upon law enforcement of any federal agency. Weird huh? A lot of it might be that the Feds really aren't a hands on police force the way that the SPD is. But anyway, they cook their own books, why?
1) Budget share. They want more money and toys like every other department. 2) Ego. They want to share the heroic mystique that state-worshiping bootlickers heap on regular cops.

Ringangleclaw

Ringangleclaw
PostSat Sep 24, 2016 8:48 pm 
I tinks you have summed it up well

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSat Sep 24, 2016 9:02 pm 
what easier way to justify their "need" to train LEOs with semi-automatic rifles?

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSat Sep 24, 2016 9:06 pm 
RandyHiker wrote:
"Actually -- you are still wrong..."
That's the sort of response I'd expect from one of the resident drive-by cyberpunks here, Randy. Let me know when you have some actual facts to support that argument, will you? I read all that jazz when the story broke several years ago, and try as they might, neither the Seattle Times or the Tacoma News Tribune was able to come up with anything that was enough to convince a prosecutor's office (in either county - take your pick) to file charges. But keep bangin' that drum... I'm sure somebody will listen.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Ringangleclaw

Ringangleclaw
PostSat Sep 24, 2016 9:10 pm 
Ski wrote:
and try as they might, neither the Seattle Times or the Tacoma News Tribune was able to come up with anything that was enough to convince a prosecutor's office (in either county - take your pick) to file charges.
Not the counties call, it would have been a federal charge

MyFootHurts
Huge Member

MyFootHurts
Huge Member
PostSat Sep 24, 2016 9:23 pm 
Ski wrote:
what easier way to justify their "need" to train LEOs with semi-automatic rifles?
OMG! you mean the same semi-automatic rifles used by literally every police department in America?!!!!