Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Do You Use Internet Radio?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostWed Oct 12, 2016 10:45 am 
I got a really late start, but finally started listening to Pandora a few years ago. As a result my musical tastes have expanded greatly and I've been introduced to a whole bunch of artists I never would've heard of otherwise.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Voxxjin
made of hamburger

Voxxjin
made of hamburger
PostWed Oct 12, 2016 11:00 am 
I do like Pandora. My only gripe is that I wish they had a button or choice to where I could listen to only one band versus hearing some from them and others of the same style. And their grouping is odd at times too. How Within Temptation and Lindsey Sterling get grouped together is a mystery to me. confused.gif

Cry 'Havoc!' and let slip the dogs of war
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostWed Oct 12, 2016 11:42 am 
Voxxjin wrote:
I do like Pandora. My only gripe is that I wish they had a button or choice to where I could listen to only one band versus hearing some from them and others of the same style. And their grouping is odd at times too. How Within Temptation and Lindsey Sterling get grouped together is a mystery to me. confused.gif
They do seem to have some random songs pop up on a station that is in no way related to everything else. Careful use of the like and dislike feature usually streamlines a station fairly well. I hear you about wanting to hear more songs by artist you pick as a station seed, but again I've found so many musicians I now really like that I absolutely never would've heard of otherwise via the way Pandora is formatted.

Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostWed Oct 12, 2016 7:41 pm 
Voxxjin wrote:
My only gripe is that I wish they had a button or choice to where I could listen to only one band versus hearing some from them and others of the same style.
In my experience, Spotify is actually much better if you want to listen to more random songs from a specific artist, and Pandora does a better job at finding other artists similar to the ones you seed your radio station with. Spotify has the added benefit of having on-demand access to full albums at a moment's notice too. And even if you just have a free account, as long as you use your internet browser with an adblocker enabled (I recommend uBlock Origin), you won't hear any commercials - only works for computers though, on mobile you're forced to use the app which forces the commercials (unless you pay).

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostWed Oct 12, 2016 9:16 pm 
Love Pandora and listen to it all the time. I have about 20 different stations and like to set it up to shuffle amongst them. Have found a lot of great artists that way. If I want to listen to just one artist I use Youtube, or just listen to my own personal collection. Spotify will also allow you to listen to a bunch of songs by a single artist.