Forum Index > Partners > The Cascade Liberation Organization is recruiting.
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
wolffie

wolffie
PostTue Oct 04, 2016 10:18 am 
joker wrote:
now happily married to a woman he met via the "fitness singles" web site
WARNING: Fitness Singles is a sneaky, shady website, like so many. IT IS OPT-OUT, not opt-in, so if you pay for three months and quickly discover that 95% of the women listed there haven't logged-in for three weeks (read: three years), and forget about it, after 4 months you will find unexpected charges to your credit card. READ THE FINE PRINT, but it is so fine you won't find it unless you're looking for it at the bottom of page 17. I have actually met a friend there, so I can't complain too loudly, but there is scam factor.

Some people have better things to do with their lives than walking the dog. Some don't.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ringangleclaw

Ringangleclaw
PostTue Oct 04, 2016 10:24 am 
Almost all the dating sites are opt out, and in the case of Match, even if you opt out they still deluge you with "new singles in your area". But I had a nice several year relationship out of Match, and a good time in a car out of Singles.

Brucester

Brucester
PostTue Oct 11, 2016 6:14 pm 
There's always craigslist. No wait, that wasn't a joke. lol.gif

Ringangleclaw

Ringangleclaw
PostTue Oct 11, 2016 9:23 pm 
Brucester wrote:
There's always craigslist.
And Aurora

Brucester

Brucester
PostSun Oct 16, 2016 8:37 pm 
Ringangleclaw wrote:
And Aurora
ykm.gif

wolffie

wolffie
PostTue Apr 11, 2017 12:06 pm 
She just dumped me again for the second time in 6 months (bless her dear heart), so now the Casade Liberation Organization is seriously looking to recruit a (non canine) female backpacking partner. High tolerance for corgi fur required. Experience with finance, plumbing, auto repair & yoga instruction a plus.

Some people have better things to do with their lives than walking the dog. Some don't.
Celticclimber

Celticclimber
PostTue Apr 11, 2017 5:51 pm 
This thread needed to happen a long time ago. Why oh why can't any of us males ( and I assume females) meet someone 'organically"? I live 3 miles from Lk Serene TH. On any good summer Sat or Sun there are 500-700 (true!) humans on that trail. Think I could find an unattached female. NOPE. Plenty of Fish and OK Cupid are good free sites. Doesn't mean one will find what they are looking for. More couch potatoes than adventurous ones....on these. Live everyday like you will die to-marrow. For someday that will be true.

Live every day like you will die to-marrow. For some day that will be true.
The Lead Dog

The Lead Dog
PostThu Apr 13, 2017 11:30 am 
If you go looking paranoid.gif for a hook-up either from a website or a group where you have to pay and trust them to find you someone. Chances are that things might not turn out as you would like. Kinda like going into the woods "Searching for Sasquatch" Best things happen when you don't try so hard. Let it happen all by itself. agree.gif

Snuffy

Snuffy
PostWed Apr 19, 2017 6:36 pm 
Celticclimber wrote:
Why oh why can't any of us males ( and I assume females) meet someone 'organically"?
Because the older you get, the less sh*t you are willing put up with? As much as we hate to admit it, the more you know, the pickier we become. It's an odds game. Also, whether online or "organically", many people say they "hike" but reality is they only think they hike. It's the #1 tag word on dating sites in Washington. It doesn't take long to figure out someone isn't up to snuff. Or as obsessed, I guess. It's gone both ways. A couple hours in the gym on the Stairmaster a day and one or two hikes a year ain't gonna cut it.

You don't find yourself standing at the top of a mountain without having started out in the valley.
The Lead Dog

The Lead Dog
PostThu Apr 20, 2017 11:29 am 
The older you get, the more baggage you acquire that the other party has to put up with and you as well ditto.gif .

Just_Some_Hiker

Just_Some_Hiker
PostFri Apr 21, 2017 6:02 pm 
Celticclimber wrote:
Plenty of Fish and OK Cupid are good free sites. Doesn't mean one will find what they are looking for. More couch potatoes than adventurous ones....on these.
Funny how the bulk of the women on those sites claim to be outdoorsy and adventurous, and yet clearly are not. They'll have a photo on their profile from the one time they went hiking, 5 years and 20 pounds ago.

Snuffy

Snuffy
PostFri Apr 21, 2017 9:04 pm 
Quote:
Funny how the bulk of the women on those sites claim to be outdoorsy and adventurous, and yet clearly are not. They'll have a photo on their profile from the one time they went hiking, 5 years and 20 pounds ago.
It goes both ways...

You don't find yourself standing at the top of a mountain without having started out in the valley.
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostSat Apr 22, 2017 3:22 pm 
Dating sucks, marriage is marginally better, but a lot more work.

The Lead Dog

The Lead Dog
PostTue Apr 25, 2017 2:30 pm 
Been married for 37 years. For a women to put up with me for all that time is something I would never would have imagined. But at the same time, I put up with her! lol.gif Wouldn't trade it for the world! Nothing like going home every night to a warm smile, a nice big hug, a kiss and a cold beer!!

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostThu Apr 27, 2017 11:12 am 
The Lead Dog wrote:
Been married for 37 years. For a women to put up with me for all that time is something I would never would have imagined. But at the same time, I put up with her! lol.gif Wouldn't trade it for the world! Nothing like going home every night to a warm smile, a nice big hug, a kiss and a cold beer!!
up.gif It's been nearly 42 years I think (I'd have to do the math, but at this point, it doesn't matter what the number is) for my wife and I. Agreed, I wouldn't trade.

"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology