Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > patriot act and terrorists and in general bad guys
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
AlpineRose

AlpineRose
PostFri Oct 21, 2016 10:31 pm 
If you really want to worry about surveillance of ordinary folk, watch Citizenfour, Laura Poitras' Oscar winning documentary about Edward Snowden. The very creepy fallout to 9-11.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostSat Oct 22, 2016 8:13 am 
interesting definition of terriosim but all the people who have a home invasion occure, or the olympic athlete who lost a daughter recently would dis-agree... and gangs certainly have their own "idealogy" and "family" ...violence and profit motivated...

contour5

contour5
PostSat Oct 22, 2016 8:38 am 
Quote:
not only was there state patrol but a sheriff deputy patrolling the area...
Someone probably spotted a creepy clown out there. Those Oregon forests are completely overrun by juggaloes, creepy clowns and Buckethead fans.

NacMacFeegle

NacMacFeegle
PostSat Oct 22, 2016 9:46 am 
WANative wrote:
NacMacFeegle wrote:
In the past few decades more criminals seem to have moved out of the cities and into the country.
It's been the exact opposite actually.
That's not been what I've observed. There are several rural towns I know that were relatively crime free a decade ago, but are now home to groups of car thieves and drug dealers. They've moved out into the country because they know there is typically less police presence in these areas. It's about time the government cracked down on crime outside of city limits.

Read my hiking related stories and more at http://illuminationsfromtheattic.blogspot.com/
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSun Oct 23, 2016 6:28 am 
I saw a sheriff driving around the state park camp at Billy Chinook SP in Oregone when I glamped there a night. I thought nothing of it and waved, he waved back and we both continued what we were doing. Because I travel alone a lot, I am often glad to see law enforcement patrolling. I'm not thinking conspiracy or patriot act or anything big and scary though. I was thinking it was more of a "show the flag" act to any folks considering doing bad deeds.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
hikermike

hikermike
PostThu Oct 27, 2016 10:32 pm 
Bend is on the drug superhighway from Canada to Mexico as there are no major towns along the route. Probably why they were checking out license plates.

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostFri Oct 28, 2016 11:46 am 
They can run my plate all they want, why should I care? That's how my stolen truck was recovered. Not sure what "freedoms" have been abridged here. I will say that in general I'm opposed to surveillance in public areas but running plates at various locations seems harmless enough.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri Oct 28, 2016 12:00 pm 
Quote:
They can run my plate all they want, why should I care?
^ lol.gif If you pay all your traffic tickets and don't have any outstanding warrants, what's the problem?

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."