Forum Index > Partners > Hiking friends of all kinds!
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Lightning_bug

Lightning_bug
PostMon Aug 29, 2016 11:56 pm 
Hey y'all, Years long lurker here, and I'm finally emerging from the shadows in hopes of finding some good folk to explore with and learn from. Age, ability, and gender don't matter to me in the least. As long as you're not a Trump supporter, I think we'll get along just fine! A little about me: I'm 29, and in fairly good shape. I try to get out as much as I can in the summer. I would say I have moderate hiking ability. I can typically hike about 12 miles comfortably and quickly in a day, averaging somewhere around 2 miles an hour. Some of my favorite trails include lost creek ridge, alpine lookout, garland peak, carne mountain, rock mt. via snowy creek and bedal basin. I'm a teensy bit snobby when it comes to crowded, popular trails, but I'm still open to trying those out with the right people. There's just so much I want to explore! I work a m-f, 9-5 gig at a bookstore. Totally free and open on Saturdays and Sundays, though. Right now, day hiking makes the most sense for me, but I'm definitely open to backpacking trips if we hit it off. I'd like to consider myself exceedingly easy to talk to/get along with. I'm from the south and my demeanor shows it. I love learning about people, hearing their stories, and sharing some of mine, too. However, I also value and respect quietness and solitude, meaning i know when to shut my trap. The downside here is that I don't drive, nor do I have a car. (My crew of solid hiking buddies all moved away.) What I do have is enough gas money to fill up your tank, and maybe some leftover to buy you a beer afterwards. And a good attitude to boot! I know I'm asking for a lot, but you guys seem to be a good bunch. Hoping I can make a friend or two... Can't hurt to try, right? Thinking I covered everything, but please feel free to pm me with any questions. -- Candy the hiker

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
ozzy
The hard way

ozzy
The hard way
PostTue Oct 04, 2016 8:06 pm 
If you're not a Hillary supporter we might get along. Lol. 31 yr old male, peak bagger, good shape, fri-sun off, fun and outgoing.

“I don’t know what’s gonna happen, but I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames”-Mr Mojo Risin
yrodriguez317

yrodriguez317
PostTue Oct 25, 2016 8:22 am 
i dont care who you support, Ill crack a joke about the pope. 29and in fairly good shape and I too hate crowded trails. Because I am new to town I dont like to venture too deep without at least someone else. I am originally from Miami, Fl so I have no idea how winter works but im more than willing to give it a go. I am in Seattle, you? if you are we can get a coffee and perhaps rough draft a weekend trip. text me, I rearely log in here. 786-385-7022