Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > What music have you been listening to today?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
touron

touron
PostSun Dec 20, 2015 2:46 pm 

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostWed Dec 30, 2015 7:45 pm 
This is pretty awesome stuff. Aretha Franklin singing a tribute to Carole King at the Kennedy Center Honors last night. Wow. Aretha still has it going on. Enjoy. ~z

zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostWed Jan 13, 2016 11:08 pm 
And now for a little something different. Adam Lambert on tour in Japan sings three great songs at a performance in Osaka on January 12, 2016--The Light and The Original High from his third, most recent album The Original High and Never Close Our Eyes, from his second album Trespassing. This clip is 9 min long so there's a bit of an electronic intro before the good stuff--wait for it. High points not to be missed start around 1:41, 3:00, 4:00, 5:30, 6:04 and especially when he rolls into NCOE at 7:00. The dancers are precise and powerful, the video background at times is stunning and the singer's voice is amazing---especially his falsetto. Full screen recommended. This would be a fun show to be watching from down in front. Enjoy. ~z

Pyrites

Pyrites
PostThu Jan 14, 2016 8:41 am 
Space Oddity, Commander Chris Hadfield, recorded on the ISS. YouTube. Temporarily available again as Bowie tribute.

Keep Calm and Carry On? Heck No. Stay Excited and Get Outside!
Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostThu Jan 14, 2016 9:48 am 
This is a mid 1960's LA rock band named, Love. Probably their most beautifully arranged love song (for a rock band) later performed here live with orchestration on British TV:
* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_(band)

Oh Pilot of the storm who leaves no trace Like thoughts inside a dream Heed the path that led me to that place Yellow desert stream.
Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostFri Jan 15, 2016 7:37 pm 
More Cowbell
Warrior Princess

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess
PostMon Jan 18, 2016 9:28 pm 
Wow, love this version.

“If you want to forget all your other troubles, wear too tight shoes.” - Unknown
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostMon Jan 18, 2016 10:25 pm 
RIP Dale Griffin Mott the Hoople drummer, one of the young dudes. Alzheimer's frown.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
NacMacFeegle

NacMacFeegle
PostFri Sep 23, 2016 7:32 pm 

Read my hiking related stories and more at http://illuminationsfromtheattic.blogspot.com/
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostFri Sep 23, 2016 9:12 pm 
IST listened to them all in hot tub, nice a bit retro but I was always a Ramones guy.💀

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostSat Sep 24, 2016 4:58 pm 
Ain't nobody here but us chickens! Time to swing it. Love it when the guys shout, "Who's there!" around minute 0:35. Enjoy, ~z

Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostThu Nov 03, 2016 12:37 pm 
One of the best new songs I've heard in years is by Michael Kiwanuka and a haunting 12-minute live session video of Cold Little Heart. Lots of comparisons to great groups and solo artists. I'm sure you'll recognize their influence. up.gif Cold Little Heart (Live Session) I also recommend his "Love and Hate".

"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go." (Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart) "Sometimes you're happy. Sometimes you cry. Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky." (Thanks, Tom Petty)
wolffie

wolffie
PostTue Nov 15, 2016 4:09 pm 
Listen to this and try to guess who the lead vocal is. No peeking! Red, Hot, & Blue (1989)

Some people have better things to do with their lives than walking the dog. Some don't.
SKS

SKS
PostSat Nov 19, 2016 11:14 am 
Chris LeDoux - Western Skies

Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostWed Nov 23, 2016 7:57 pm 
Get me some Chicago! ...Great song and message for these times, for all times. The song ending? Well, when it ends, it ends! Oh yeah, listen loud, by the way. peace.gif This is a....Dialogue Are you optimistic 'bout the way things are going? No, I never ever think of it at all Don't you ever worry When you see what's going down? No, I try to mind my business, that is, no business at all When it's time to function as a feeling human being Will your bachelor of arts help you get by? I hope to study further, a few more years or so I also hope to keep a steady high Will you try to change things Use the power that you have, the power of a million new ideas? What is this power you speak of and this need for things to change? I always thought that everything was fine Don't you feel repression just closing in around? No, the campus here is very, very free Don't it make you angry the way war is dragging on? Well, I hope the president knows what he's into, I don't know Don't you ever see the starvation in the city where you live All the needless hunger all the needless pain? I haven't been there lately, the country is so fine But my neighbors don't seem hungry 'cause they haven't got the time Thank you for the talk, you know you really eased my mind I was troubled by the shapes of things to come Well, if you had my outlook your feelings would be numb You'd always think that everything was fine We can make it happen We can change the world now We can save the children We can make it better We can make it happen We can save the children We can make it happen

"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go." (Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart) "Sometimes you're happy. Sometimes you cry. Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky." (Thanks, Tom Petty)