Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > Jewell Speaks Interior Dept Future
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostSat Nov 19, 2016 7:34 pm 
* http://www.denverite.com/department-interior-chief-trump-team-hasnt-contacted-department-23096/

Oh Pilot of the storm who leaves no trace Like thoughts inside a dream Heed the path that led me to that place Yellow desert stream.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostSun Nov 20, 2016 8:57 am 
THE president elect, Trump has spent his life in the land management business and it will be interesting to see his approach to managing a huge swath of the north American continent. Last year he was asked his thoughts on turning federal land over to the individual states and he said that he didn't believe in giving land away. That is a conservative attitude and I like it. Perhaps he will want to build up our federal land ownership with more parks, etc.. If property ownership is his business he's come to the right place to expand and make a historic splash much as Teddy Roosevelt did.
sage-grouse-flight_Tatiana-Gettelman_t810
sage-grouse-flight_Tatiana-Gettelman_t810

Oh Pilot of the storm who leaves no trace Like thoughts inside a dream Heed the path that led me to that place Yellow desert stream.
mike

mike
PostSun Nov 20, 2016 10:15 am 
Snowbrushy wrote:
he said that he didn't believe in giving land away.....and make a historic splash
I think he meant that he'd rather sell it off which would definitely make an historic splash..

Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostMon Nov 21, 2016 8:17 am 
Trumps grandfather may have originally kick-started his real estate business by running a small inn at Monte Christo. It's time for him to give back. Some of these east coast folks came out here to make it rich off the minerals and other natural resources but forget where they got their start. They go back home and forget..

JVesquire

JVesquire
PostMon Nov 21, 2016 8:47 am 
I actually heard him say that he wouldn't support giving lands to the states, as they'd sell them if they got in financial trouble. Who knows, though, is the reality.

Klapton

Klapton
PostMon Nov 21, 2016 9:45 am 
Snowbrushy wrote:
Trumps grandfather may have originally kick-started his real estate business by running a small inn at Monte Christo. It's time for him to give back. Some of these east coast folks came out here to make it rich off the minerals and other natural resources but forget where they got their start. They go back home and forget..
The Kennedys also need to give back to the mafia then. And the Bushes to the Nazi party.

Seventy2002

Seventy2002
PostMon Nov 21, 2016 9:56 am 
Snowbrushy wrote:
... make a historic splash much as Teddy Roosevelt did
I doubt TR looked at a piece of land and thought it a great place for a golf course or luxury hotel.

camut

camut
PostMon Nov 21, 2016 10:44 am 
That "small inn at Monte Cristo" was a brothell.

Klapton

Klapton
PostMon Nov 21, 2016 11:53 am 
Seventy2002 wrote:
Snowbrushy wrote:
... make a historic splash much as Teddy Roosevelt did
I doubt TR looked at a piece of land and thought it a great place for a golf course or luxury hotel.
O rly? You're right. He kept the awesome for himself and invited guests only. https://www.nps.gov/sahi/index.htm

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostMon Nov 21, 2016 12:41 pm 
JVesquire wrote:
Who knows, though, is the reality.
I don't think Trump will feel particularly bound by any campaign promises (not that other politicians have a stellar track record on this.) Trump especially seems inclined to do whatever deals appeal to him along the way -- e.g. grant say 10 acres of federal land in some other location for every mile of border wall erected by the company with Mexico. Or a zillion other deals that he might come up with.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostMon Nov 21, 2016 1:27 pm 
I heard a rumor, but it might have been fake news, that Sarah Palin was being considered for the head of the Interior Dept. Might be a good match, ya know.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostTue Nov 22, 2016 10:17 am 
camut wrote:
That "small inn at Monte Cristo" was a brothell.
Is there any proof of this? History buffs want to know. Prostitution was probably legal at the time so it really doesn't matter anyway. smile.gif

trestle

trestle
PostThu Nov 24, 2016 9:38 am 
treeswarper wrote:
Might be a good match
As in she might casually toss one while enjoying her state of enlightened ignorance. I give this thread one more day before lockdown.

"Life favors the prepared." - Edna Mode
bk

bk
PostThu Nov 24, 2016 10:29 am 
Regarding around 1893, when Fred Trump (the grandfather of our current president-elect) was about age 24: Blair, Gwenda, The Trumps: Three Generations That Built an Empire, Simon & Schuster, 2000 pg. 63 "Fred Trump's boardinghouse sat right in the center of what the Everett News called 'a regular White Chapel [sic] . . . where dance hall and crib sirens are supposed to lure men to moral and financial destruction.' " pg. 64 "In such a frontier environment, it was hard to say precisely what went on in any particular establishment. Few records remain. As with his Dairy Restaurant in Seattle, it's possible that Frederick Trump never served anything stronger than chamomile tea and refused to admit any unmarried woman. But the young German immigrant was no fool, and not one to be scared of vice. Sleeves rolled up, he stood at the cash register, taking in a constant, if not overwhelming, stream of profits." - - - On an unrelated, but interesting, other historical note: pg. 70 (around 1896) "After the wedding festivities were over, Trump returned to Monte Cristo in time for the fall elections. Across the nation, that year's presidential contest was unusually bitter . . . " (Whatever that's supposed to mean.)

Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostThu Nov 24, 2016 11:21 am 
trestle wrote:
I give this thread one more day before lockdown.
It's OK to have some political discuss here in Stewardship. Just be an adult about it. This may be an important period in time and deserves a forum. It could go very good or very bad. Fasten your seat belts and get ready for a ride to either heaven or hell.