Forum Index > Gear Talk > Tiny Hot Hands for Tiny hikers / skiers?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
jared_j

jared_j
PostThu Jan 05, 2017 4:44 pm 
My 4 year old daughter is starting ski school next week, and I'd like to have some Hot Hands - type warmers at my disposal for her tiny mittens in case of cold hands. I've only found the regluar sized ones and foot ones, which are both a bit big. I don't think it's effective to cut them since they've got whatever the material is inside. Anyone know of a source of smaller-sized versions (I don't care about brand as long as they're effective)? Or have experience cutting them up and having it be effective and not a huge mess? Thanks!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
DarkHelmet

DarkHelmet
PostThu Jan 05, 2017 4:55 pm 
i'd be careful with your little one. Young children's skin is more sensitive. Some hand warms can get pretty hot.

bk

bk
PostThu Jan 05, 2017 7:09 pm 
Here's two data points: 1) Grabber Mega Warmer (extra large size; image on cover is of a hand) is rectangular at about 3-3/4" x 5-1/4". 2) Grabber Toe Warmers are 2-3/4" x 3-3/4" (measurement of owned product; tad smaller than advertised). So, "Toes" are smaller. But instructions say to adhere to outside of sock (they have adhesive) and not directly to the skin. Not to use on other parts of the body other than toes. Not to use for infants or small children. (It's not clear to me what level of risk there is by not removing the adhesive backing and using them in mittens, or on other areas of the skin . . . no reason seems to be given.) My experience with the toe and hand warmers mentioned above is, despite rave reviews, they do not solve the problem of toes and fingers going numb.