Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Seattle Sound Engineer Killed at Twisp Motel on Friday Night
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
ArcDome

ArcDome
PostSun Sep 20, 2009 2:00 pm 
Does anybody know whether Tom Pfaeffle's family has filed a wrongful death suit? If so, I am not sure what the latest development would have on it. It will be another blow to Tom Pfaeffle's family if they can not seek restitution from Kino Gomez because he has gone missing or has committed suicide.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Dave Workman

Dave Workman
PostSun Sep 20, 2009 3:57 pm 
Re: Question Dave
kbatku wrote:
If the door lock was broken, and the dead guy was able to open the door "a few inches", the shots STILL came through the door right? Unless he shooter was positioned in such a way as to have a perfect alignment with the couple inch crack in the door, and was (in his sleep grogged state) able to precisely place his shots, in the dark, through that small crack?? That, if you will excuse me, is some darn fine shooting. I'd have to see the layout of the room to be sure, but that's my conjecture. Anyway, the dead guy in no way did anything to justify the use of deadly force. PS: I must have missed it, but where is corroboration of the "broken lock, open door" part of the story??
There is nothing open to conjecture. Ballistic evidence shows that the door was closed when at least two of the three rounds were fired.. The round that hit Pfaeffle went through the door frame and the outer corner of the door. Read the linked columns in my earlier post, and follow the links to Rick Anderson's story in the Weekly.

"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted." - D.H. Lawrence
touron

touron
PostSun Sep 20, 2009 6:29 pm 
Yana wrote:
I'm not really in a position (nor do I have a desire) to make a judgment on whether or not Gomez was in the right by having firearms easily accessible, or for defending himself in the way that he did.
Ditto for me. It does bring to mind a couple of incidents that have happened to me. Incident 1 Ort family was on vacation and had stopped in Yosemite. We were spending the night in Curry Village, and had two tent cabins. The tent cabins are pretty basic--a wooden floor and a canvas covered frame, a couple of austere beds, and a nightstand. The wooden doors have hook latches both on the inside and outside. My little brothers had been playing games that evening, locking us inside the cabin by latching the outside hook. lol.gif The next morning, I was visiting our other cabin across the path, and realized I had forgotten my glasses. I went back to my cabin (or what I had thought was my cabin), went inside, and started fumbling around on the nightstand for my glasses. Where were they?? All of a sudden this figure sits bolt upright in the bed and shouts, "What the #$%^ are you doing in my tent cabin!" Looking over at the bed I quickly realize that I am in somebody elses cabin! I'm sure he thought I was a burglar, even though I was actually only a seventh grader. I raced to the door, but...har, my little brother was outside with the hook latched. eek.gif "Let me out! Let me out!" I hissed frantically. They let me out. Others in my family thought it was a little funny, but I was sure the guy was going to hunt me down or call the Curry police (if there is such a thing). I was never so glad to leave a place as that morning...
Incident 2 I was staying at a Motel 6 and had just checked in. I'm thinking of where to go get something to eat, and all of a sudden the phone rings. What could this be? A phone call? I answer the phone. A voice says, "If you keep making noise over there, I'm going to come over and beat the tar out of you." [or something to that effect]. This was very unsettling, as I hadn't made any noise at all... Did the guy misdial? Did he mistake my room for another room? Maybe he was the kind of person that when he checks in, makes calls all the surrounding rooms and threatens them so he can live in perfect silence and tranquility. Who really knows. All I know is it really spooked me to get a call from a stranger who knew where I was, but I had no clue where or who they were. I kept waiting for that knock on the door. And I don't carry anything more powerful than a pair of toenail clippers with me...

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Smokey

Smokey
PostSun Sep 20, 2009 7:18 pm 
I hope Gomez's mug shows up all over the national media, I have a feeling the suicide note is a ruse. He's dangerous and deranged.

DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostThu Nov 05, 2009 3:26 pm 
Bumping this thread. See UPI: Kino's family forfeits $100K bail money Any more news on Kino's status and whereabouts?

DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostSun Jan 29, 2017 7:57 pm 
Bump. What happened to Kino?

LizzyRN

LizzyRN
PostMon Jan 30, 2017 9:01 pm 
I just read the entire thread. Tragic. I would love to read Dave Workmans article, however the link is broken. Dave, are you able to share a valid link? Thanks.

LizzyRN Where's my inhaler?!
DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostTue Jan 31, 2017 8:55 am 
I checked the court docket. AFAICT the warrant for his arrest has been renewed annually, most recently about a month ago. From that I surmise that he is still a fugitive or (less likely) killed himself and nobody found the body. Some speculate that he may have fled to his home country The Philippines. (His birth name was Miguel Esquerra. He changed it to Kino Gomez in the 1980s.)

LizzyRN

LizzyRN
PostTue Jan 31, 2017 9:28 am 
Thanks.

LizzyRN Where's my inhaler?!
DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostThu Mar 29, 2018 2:27 pm 
Update: The arrest warrant for Kino Gomez was renewed in January 2018

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostFri Mar 30, 2018 9:02 am 
LizzyRN wrote:
I just read the entire thread. Tragic. I would love to read Dave Workmans article, however the link is broken. Dave, are you able to share a valid link? Thanks.
Same here. Link?

"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology