Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > Morningstar NRCA planning Needs Input
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostThu Dec 01, 2016 8:46 pm 
Help plan DNR's Morningstar NRCA's trails and backcountry facilities! Take the survey. Link here.

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
captain jack
Serving suggestion

captain jack
Serving suggestion
PostThu Dec 01, 2016 9:15 pm 
Yay ! Bald Mountain twirl.gif

Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostSat Dec 03, 2016 4:50 pm 
Anyone else have thoughts? I see lots of activity re chainsaws vs xcut saw in wilderness - an oldie but goodie during the dark rainy days of winter - no one loves this debate more than me -but this is something a NWHiker can do that will actually have an impact smile.gif Has anyone taken the survey? I took the survey and discussed concern with resurrecting the trail to Twin Falls, asked for a different style of boardwalk at Ashland, the hope for a better location of trail to Cutthroat Lakes, expressed interest in the resurrection of the trail to Boulder Lake, creation of a day use viewpoin (s) at Greider Lake, and resurrection of Bald Mtn Ridge. I may try again to address LNT education, ranger patrol, and natural science interpretation at Ashland trail head and new ones at the wetland at the original Greider trail head.

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
Schroder

Schroder
PostSat Dec 03, 2016 6:12 pm 
No mention of access to the upper Sultan River or Williamson Creek frown.gif

Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostSat Dec 03, 2016 9:02 pm 
Question 13 would be a good place to discuss access to Sultan Rv and Williamson Creek. Doesn't look like it would be something they're inclined to do; unless hundreds of people take the survey and demand it; well maybe.

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks
PostSun Dec 11, 2016 12:29 am 
I thought I lost my chance to get to Boulder Lake easily. Maybe it's coming back! Greider itself was a chore with a long bike ride and then a very unmaintained trail. But it could be a great one if people could get to it. Thanks for posting the survey so I could weigh in.

Dalekz

Dalekz
PostMon Dec 12, 2016 9:48 am 
Article in the Everett Herald today about a meeting in Lake Stevens on trail planning thursday http://www.heraldnet.com/news/input-sought-on-recreation-area-expansion-in-spada-lake-basin/
Quote:
A meeting about trail planning is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. Thursday at Cavelero Mid High School in Lake Stevens, 8220 24th St. SE. The state Department of Natural Resources is working on a plan that would guide how they expand, add and manage trails for the next 10 to 15 years.
With a link to the details and map outlines http://www.dnr.wa.gov/proposed-morning-star-inter-trust-exchange

Dalekz

Dalekz
PostTue Jan 31, 2017 12:58 pm 
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostThu Feb 02, 2017 10:56 pm 
I'm particularly fond of comment #82. I see my comment, but didn't get an email! frown.gif

Dalekz

Dalekz
PostFri Feb 03, 2017 1:59 pm 
You need to sign up for the DNR recreation update newsletter, which is where I saw it. http://us8.campaign-archive2.com/?u=686976a400749d61e09522350&id=6f1d1418ff&e=7ed524fc71

Schroder

Schroder
PostMon Apr 15, 2019 6:52 am 
Morning Star NRCA Spring 2019 Meeting May 9, 2019; 6:00-7:30 pm Marysville Public Library 6120 Grove Street, Marysville WA Join DNR staff in a community conversation about recreation projects and activities in the Morning Star Natural Resources Conservation Area. Topics will include: • Morning Star Trails Plan implementation • Projects planned for 2019 field season • Funding requests for planned work
Quote:
Greetings, Please see the attached announcement for the upcoming Morning Star NRCA Spring 2019 Meeting. As you may know, we recently completed the Morning Star Trails Plan (find an electronic copy here: https://www.dnr.wa.gov/publications/amp_na_morning_star_trail_plan.pdf?w9kyzpl). Among the outcomes of the Trails Plan is our commitment to maintain and improve our connection to, and partnerships with users, conservation partners, neighbors and other stakeholders. Toward that goal, this meeting represents the first of what we intend to be regular, periodic meetings to share and discuss our activities in Morning Star. Please save the date and join us if you can. You’re receiving this email as part of a broad outreach distribution to people who we think may have an interest in staying connected to our activities in Morning Star. If you’d prefer not to receive these emails, please let me know and I’ll remove you from the list. Likewise, if you know of someone who might be interested and didn’t get this email, please put them in touch with me and I’ll add them to the list. Thanks, Paul Paul McFarland Natural Areas Manager Northwest Region Department of Natural Resources 919 North Township Street Sedro-Woolley, WA 98284 360-708-1692 paul.mcfarland@dnr.wa.gov www.dnr.wa.gov