Forum Index > Photography Talk > Sony Alpha A6000
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
FiveNines

FiveNines
PostThu Dec 22, 2016 5:55 pm 
Thanks for the tips. I like the images you take. Hope you enjoy your new setup. I've always been a p/s guy. Upgraded from sub $200 models to RX100 this fall, which works well and is fun. Reading this thread makes me think about buying a mirrorless, too. Might buy A5000 and lens kit to fool around with and see if I can learn how to use all the funny buttons and don't mind hiking with bigger camera.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Wazzu_camper
Go Cougs!

Wazzu_camper
Go Cougs!
PostFri Feb 03, 2017 3:35 pm 
I just picked up an a6000 off craigslist as well. Switching over from a M43 setup (GX1 body) and couldn't be happier. So far I have the 24mm f1.8 Zeiss lens that will most likely be my main lens. I also grabbed a 16mm f2.8 and the wide angle converter and the 50mm f2.8 lens for portraits. I bought all the lenses used. I'm not really worried about anything long at this point but down the road. I've dropped about $1250 on everything and ended up netting about $800 from selling all 5 of my m43 lenses. So I think I did pretty well considering my wife capped me at $1000 for a new camera. Still might try to find a good deal on the 30mm macro but it isn't a priority. happy shooting yall.

Wazzu_camper
Go Cougs!

Wazzu_camper
Go Cougs!
PostFri Feb 03, 2017 3:35 pm 
I just picked up an a6000 off craigslist as well. Switching over from a M43 setup (GX1 body) and couldn't be happier. So far I have the 24mm f1.8 Zeiss lens that will most likely be my main lens. I also grabbed a 16mm f2.8 and the wide angle converter and the 50mm f2.8 lens for portraits. I bought all the lenses used. I'm not really worried about anything long at this point but down the road. I've dropped about $1250 on everything and ended up netting about $800 from selling all 5 of my m43 lenses. So I think I did pretty well considering my wife capped me at $1000 for a new camera. Still might try to find a good deal on the 30mm macro but it isn't a priority. happy shooting yall.