Forum Index > Trail Talk > sledding area for kids
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Cody s

Cody s
PostThu Feb 16, 2017 10:56 am 
With the warm weather I am curious if there is any sledding areas for kids available. Baker is way too crowded. I am thinking something at a road end or maybe up mountain loop. Thanks, Cody

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Hiker Mama

Hiker Mama
PostThu Feb 16, 2017 7:11 pm 
There was a recent article on ParentMap about formal sledding places. But if you want something informal - We have gone sledding at the Smithbrook Road pulloff - I seem to remember there being a kid-friendly hill just up the road a tiny bit? http://wp.me/p2oxMr-sT maybe it's at the intersection? It's been a few years since I've been there. We have also gone sledding at the Blewett Pass Sno-Park. There is a nice hill right there at the parking area (sno-park pass needed.) http://wp.me/p2oxMr-1b4 I've seen people sledding at the Gold Creek sno-park, but that just looks like a disaster on weekends. Good luck! If you find somewhere cool, please report back. We are always looking for places out of the ordinary for sledding.

My hiking w/ kids site: www.thehikermama.com
jboealps

jboealps
PostWed Feb 22, 2017 12:47 pm 
Mountain Loop Hwy is gated at Deer Creek road just past Silverton. Deer Creek has a large parking area with a gated logging road that makes an excellent area for sledding with kids.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Feb 22, 2017 1:00 pm 
Also on the mountain loop, Turlo campground just west of the Verlot Ranger Station has a nice steep hill, although snow conditions will be less optimal that further out at a and higher elevation.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.