Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > Idaho Trails Association - 2016 Trail Projects +
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Pyrites

Pyrites
PostSat Feb 06, 2016 7:31 pm 
ITA has posted link to 2016 project list on their homepage. Note dates are tentative. Signup for projects is at a later date. Their 2015 annual report is also available, with link at About page. idahotrailsassociation.org Best.

Keep Calm and Carry On? Heck No. Stay Excited and Get Outside!
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostSat Feb 06, 2016 9:43 pm 
> http://www.idahotrailsassociation.org/

Oh Pilot of the storm who leaves no trace Like thoughts inside a dream Heed the path that led me to that place Yellow desert stream.
Pyrites

Pyrites
PostSun Mar 06, 2016 1:25 pm 
2016 ITA work parties. ITA has posted updates to their trips, and I think added a few. Link at above post gets you to their site. Interesting that the backcountry projects don't have a fee, only a deposit you lose if you don't bother to show up. Are membership fees covering costs, or grants?

Hulksmash
Cleaning up.

Hulksmash
Cleaning up.
PostSun Mar 06, 2016 11:25 pm 
Some times i wish i could clone my self just to have more time to volunteer.

"Bears couldn't care less about us....we smell bad and don't taste too good. Bugs on the other hand see us as vending machines." - WetDog Albuterol! it's the 11th essential
Pyrites

Pyrites
PostSun Jul 17, 2016 12:19 pm 
ITA still has openings. Little Wood River is particularly interesting. Week long, backcountry wall tents, catered food. Daily walks to project sites. And sponsored. No fee, just a $50 deposit that is refunded if you show up. Only personal camping equipment is your sleeping bag.

Pyrites

Pyrites
PostTue Sep 06, 2016 11:23 pm 
ITA Summer 2016 newsletter. http://www.idahotrailsassociation.org/pdfs/ITASummer16News.pdf

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month
PostWed Sep 07, 2016 12:18 am 
Hulksmash wrote:
Some times i wish i could clone my self just to have more time to volunteer.
You and me both!

Tomorrow's not promised to anyone, so be bold, scare yourself, attempt something with no guarantee of success. You'll be amazed at what you can achieve. -Olive McGloin
Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month
PostWed Sep 07, 2016 12:19 am 
Thanks for posting this Pyrites, and for posting all the follow ups. I didn't even know there was an ITA. Might be a good way to see some new terrain.

Tomorrow's not promised to anyone, so be bold, scare yourself, attempt something with no guarantee of success. You'll be amazed at what you can achieve. -Olive McGloin
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostWed Sep 07, 2016 11:48 am 
Idaho Trails Association has a Facebook page as well. Get on it; they have nice photos of their work. They do some really good work. Their website & name was posted on a thread last year when someone on this site had his panties in a wad over the White Cloud Wilderness proposal, thinking its impossible for anyone to do trail maintenance in wilderness.

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
Pyrites

Pyrites
PostTue Jan 10, 2017 3:57 pm 
ITA 2016 annual report. They've hired a volunteer project coordinator. I think it interesting that they specifically note charge includes Idaho Centennial Trail. http://www.idahotrailsassociation.org/pdfs/AnnualReport2016.pdf Best

tmatlack

tmatlack
PostThu Jan 12, 2017 3:58 am 
Below is another good organization. I am friends with one of the board members and they do great stuff...no politics...just boots on the ground advocacy/stewardship/ and much much sweat. http://www.selwaybitterroot.org/ Tom

Pyrites

Pyrites
PostTue Feb 07, 2017 11:24 pm 
ITA's 2017 trails project schedule, including multi-day. Best. http://www.idahotrailsassociation.org/2017-trail-projects/

Pyrites

Pyrites
PostSun Mar 19, 2017 6:37 pm 
ITA Spring 2017 newsletter. Of note is announcement of their first weeklong trip in the panhandle. Also they are asking for information on trails that could use maintenance. Best. http://www.idahotrailsassociation.org/pdfs/ITASpring17News.pdf

Pyrites

Pyrites
PostSat Jul 22, 2017 5:12 pm 
ITA posted on FB that they have two openings on this trip due to cancellations. Hike in, but stock supported, and comes with meals. I'm not sure if they pack in your goods too. They require a deposit, which they pay back if you show. I sent and rec'd a note confirming openings as of mid-afternoon today. Their project page is not automatic, so ignore the project full note. Best. Project: Little Wood River Work Vacation Description: Hike into the Little Wood River Drainage from Starhope campground in Copper Basin. This is a 9 mile hike down Pot Creek to the Little Wood River Outfitters Base camp along the Little Wood River. This is a partnership with the Little Wood River Outfitters; they will be packing the gear, providing meals and camp for the volunteers. Work consists of logging out downfall, brushing, and tread repair of the trails in the area. Great views of the “back” of the Pioneer Mountains, wildlife and rivers. This is a strenuous trip. Location: Central Idaho / Sun Valley Date(s): August 6th-12th Volunteer Limit: 9 (FULL – please signup here to be notified of a cancellation) Fee to Hold Spot: Yes Difficulty: 3 (Strenuous)

Pyrites

Pyrites
PostTue Dec 26, 2017 6:42 pm 
Teaser for first week long ITA trail maintenance projects. Stock supported on the Selway. First 2 ITA Summer 2018 Week-Long Projects Now Set! Spend the week 9 miles from Paradise! Selway River, Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness. Bitterroot National Forest. July 22-28. Drive into Paradise on the upper Selway River from the West Fork ranger station off highway 93, west of Conner Montana on Saturday July 21st. We will camp for the night at the trailhead at Paradise. Sunday morning, we will pack up our gear for the mules to take in and we will hike the 9 miles into Cooper Flat cabin where we will set up camp for the week. Kitchen accommodations will be the Cooper Flat cabin, such a luxury! Camping will be around the cabin utilizing your backpacking tents. Meals will be provided. The work, clearing the Vance Point trail up to Vance Point. This will mostly be logging out with crosscuts and silky saws and cleaning water bars. Expect to hike uphill every morning to the work site, each day the hike will get longer as we work our way to the top, which is approximately 3 miles to Vance Point. We will hike out Saturday morning July 28th. July 29-August 4. Drive to Paradise, the setup will be the same as the week before. The work will be clearing the Cooper Point Trail #23 as far as we can get. Logging out with crosscuts, silkys and cleaning water bars. This trail is moderately steep, 3000-foot elevation gain over 3 miles, so expect uphill hiking every day and good fun work along the way. This trail continues into Montana and we will clear as far as we can during the 5 days. We will pack up our gear and hike out on Saturday August 4. Pack support will be provided. Sign-ups for Summer Projects will begin in late winter/early spring.