Forum Index > Partners > Wind Rivers 2017
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
hikermike

hikermike
PostSun Feb 12, 2017 12:33 am 
So... you have a 7 person permit, how many have signed up so far?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
The Lead Dog

The Lead Dog
PostMon Feb 13, 2017 12:32 pm 
Gave the permit back. We are all arriving at different times and staying at different places the first few nights. So far I have 5 counting me. No group permits are needed now. We are on single party permits that are filled out at the trailhead.

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostFri Feb 17, 2017 6:44 pm 
wow the report on doing a loop over a pass and coming back washaki pass lookd amazing..... but its an 8 night trip!!!..look up on the great outdoor shop websight..search -Hailey pass.. that loop for me requires 3 nights on the west side of crest before hitting hailey pass, then 2 nights each big lake on the loop....then over washaki pass for the overnight trip out... Gnomes are slooooowwww!!!!

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Feb 17, 2017 8:59 pm 
forest gnome wrote:
wow the report on doing a loop over a pass and coming back washaki pass lookd amazing..... but its an 8 night trip!!!..look up on the great outdoor shop websight..search -Hailey pass.. that loop for me requires 3 nights on the west side of crest before hitting hailey pass, then 2 nights each big lake on the loop....then over washaki pass for the overnight trip out... Gnomes are slooooowwww!!!!
Too far to drive for all that work! Lol. I'd rather go to the Wallowa's.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
The Lead Dog

The Lead Dog
PostSat Feb 18, 2017 3:21 pm 
That's why I am hiking 5 miles the first day. 5 Miles the second day. Plopping myself at Skull lake for 4 days. Day hike fishing like crazy then the same 10 miles in 2 days to the car. And a nice drive home. Nice EASY trip! up.gif

The Lead Dog

The Lead Dog
PostMon Feb 27, 2017 9:41 am 
Latest update: Plan on making Motel reservations on March 17. 1 room with 2 beds. 1 in Boulder on the way in and 1 more somewhere past Butte on I-90 for the way back. Can meet up on July 22nd in the late afternoon or evening at the Boulder Motel with anyone that is going if anyone wants too. They have a nice Restaurant and Bar for meeting. Update: smile.gif Made reservations at a real nice Motel in Deer Lodge Montana for our trip back. I have a "Hold" on the room in Boulder. Was asked to call back the last of April or the first part in May. So as of now all we have to do is get in the truck on Friday July 21 and head to Boulder! up.gif

General ****

General ****
PostSat Mar 04, 2017 1:03 pm 
As you know, I'm in. General****

The General primarily backpacks solo.
The Lead Dog

The Lead Dog
PostWed Mar 29, 2017 11:27 am 
Good day everyone! Found out by accident that there is The Wind River Mountain Festival going on in Pinedale from July 21-23. Looking forward to going to that event as we will be there starting our trip on the 23rd. So that being said, I would suggest that is anyone is going in on those dates, motel reservations for that weekend should be made soon. Even campsites will probably be full. On the hiking side. They have had a lot of rain as have we and their snowpack as of now is substantial. I communicated with a guy from the Great Outdoor Shop and he said we should be fine going in when and where we plan and no problems getting where we want to go. Time is going by fast! Won't be long! dance.gif

The Lead Dog

The Lead Dog
PostThu Apr 20, 2017 2:31 pm 
Looked into getting a shuttle to take us to the Big Sandy trailhead and pick us up when we come out....$400.00 for 3 people. eek.gif eek.gif Looks like we drive ourselves!! lol.gif lol.gif

The Lead Dog

The Lead Dog
PostWed Apr 26, 2017 2:27 pm 
Fishing licenses for out of state residents is now $92.00. Or $14.00 by the day. But if you plan on fishing over 7 days, then it is cheaper to spend the $92.00. When we went last time it was $75.00. Or you could opt not to fish and pay nothing, or pay nothing and fish anyway. but beware the consequences of doing that! paranoid.gif smackbum.gif waah.gif

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostSun Apr 30, 2017 8:24 am 
were putting for a full 2 week vacation....thats what 2 coming with me are trying to do... trying to do a weekend to weekend trip is rushing it ....though 3 full nights at base camp may be enough... dizzy.gif see ya all at skull lake monday night...that will be our 3rd night...AND if all goes well were over washaki pass for night 4+......trying for 3-4 nights on the other side and overnight BACK out to big sandy... well that's the idea anyway...the other option is to continue to lakes past skull...the whole area is huge so 7-8 nights on this side is great too.. all the other trips with u leaddoggie were leaving thurs PM .....hike in sat,....camp till friday..OUT OVERNIGHT TO TOWN SAT...drive home sun. mon...

The Lead Dog

The Lead Dog
PostTue May 02, 2017 11:21 am 
Worked out this year to leave on Friday. Back home on Sunday. Had to slide it 1 day later this time.

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostSat May 06, 2017 6:49 am 
I know ... embarassedlaugh.gif lets get out quik overnight trip this spring...pleaz?...

The Lead Dog

The Lead Dog
PostSat May 06, 2017 11:20 am 
Would like that. Been working all I can to save up $$$$$ for the Winds trip. 2 5 mi. days mean lots of "Goodies" can be brought, and you know how much my pack weighed on our last Winds trip!!! lol.gif

Marshall_Dylan

Marshall_Dylan
PostThu May 11, 2017 8:47 pm 
I will be with the gnome group on this trip. Cant wait to meet everyone else. Looks like it will be some good star gazing.