Forum Index > Partners > Hiking partner(s) Rainy Pass to Manning Park +
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
C J
C J

C J
C J
PostSun Apr 23, 2017 5:51 pm 
Retired, in Seattle, seeking other hikers who have flexible schedule, looking to enjoy the view when scenery is at its best. Prefer female with similar pace, some experience, likes to hike longer than the drive to/from trail head, easy going, no frills hiker not afraid of taking all day to do 8-10 miles. Not interested in the endless loops of Tiger Mountain. Prefer slow and steady pace, getting to a destination, take in the view over lunch, check out the flowers, watch the wild life. Not interested in speed but looking to meet training objectives so 70 on PCT is not uncomfortable. Will do Cascade Pass to Stehekin before Rainy Pass to Manning Park but both start dates are dependent on weather, snow and bugs.

Mostly about getting to where I am going.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Triciaann777

Triciaann777
PostSat Jul 22, 2017 5:10 pm 
A few thoughts, Would like to hike near and around the Glacier Peak and Mt loop areas and will be able to M-F Aug 7-11 from 9am - 5pm and occasionally even later. I have to drop my son off in lake Stevens at camp each day. That allows approximately at the most 7 hours of being out and about 4-5 miles one way. I can even ask my husband to pick up one day during that week to make it longer. ( I expect to pay the camp extra to stay out longer....some of the days). Silver and twin lakes from the Monte cristo area are on my list. May bike 1/2 way in, if your up for that. Nancy and I did it once, and it worked out well. Let me know what you think Tricia Tricia.foster77@gmail.com

Tricia's Mantra You were made to move,
C J
C J

C J
C J
PostSun Jul 23, 2017 12:06 am 
I have been out of commission for several weeks now. Not sure when I will be heading out for day hike as no stamina. Just now getting on to soccer field as a short period sub, post pulled hamstring, broken fingers (tried being keeper) then viral pneumonia. Been a tough 4 months. Looking dicey for section of PCT. Will let you know when I can get back on the trail.

Mostly about getting to where I am going.