Forum Index > Trail Talk > 23 Road Update (Randle to Trout Lake)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostThu Apr 27, 2017 5:51 pm 
According to the White Pass Shopper, the 23 road will not be repaired until late this summer or fall and won't open until 2018. That's all.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human末animals and aliens are great possibilities
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostThu Apr 27, 2017 5:55 pm 
Hmm, in the same issue of The Shopper, it says it will be open before "next winter" It also says work will not start until after Labor Day.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human末animals and aliens are great possibilities
drm

drm
PostFri Apr 28, 2017 7:33 am 
This has been on the Gifford Pinchot conditions page
Quote:
4/14/2017: Road is washed out at MP 12, MP 18 and MP 23.4 This section of the road will be closed until the fall of 2017.
https://www.fs.usda.gov/recmain/giffordpinchot/recreation

Ski
><((((ー>

Ski
><((((ー>
PostFri Apr 28, 2017 11:40 am 
so... no huckleberry pickin' up at Elk Pass?

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
HappyHiker

HappyHiker
PostFri Apr 28, 2017 12:07 pm 
Isn't elk pass on the 25?

If You're Lucky Enough To Be In The Mountains, You're Lucky Enough
Ski
><((((ー>

Ski
><((((ー>
PostFri Apr 28, 2017 1:20 pm 
I think you're right. I always get the 23 and 25 mixed up. Duh. dizzy.gif

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSun Apr 30, 2017 2:39 pm 
Ski wrote:
so... no huckleberry pickin' up at Elk Pass?
Elk Pass should be fine as long as the Benham Creek crack stays put (25 road). Babyshoe Pass is hard for us to get to. I'm not sure what other roads are still washed out. I was wondering today how well an electric assist bike would do for getting around behind washouts and stuff. One of those would be easier to throw in the truck and haul out there. I'm thinking my dog would be able to lope along with it OK. I also need to check out the Valley Trail. It would, if it is in place, be a way to get up beyond the washout of the 23 and maybe with a bike. I read where the Blue Lake Cr. trail has been cleared to the snow line so suspect the Valley Trail may be passable around the slide.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSun Apr 30, 2017 2:44 pm 
This reminds me of the old "tote goat". It, or something similar, might be the way to get around to the super secret berry patches. Electric Tote Goat

MyFootHurts
Huge Member

MyFootHurts
Huge Member
PostSun Apr 30, 2017 4:31 pm 
treeswarper wrote:
I also need to check out the Valley Trail. It would, if it is in place, be a way to get up beyond the washout of the 23 and maybe with a bike. I read where the Blue Lake Cr. trail has been cleared to the snow line so suspect the Valley Trail may be passable around the slide.
Blue Lake trail runs all the way to Road 21 so I think they started clearing it from that end.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSun Apr 30, 2017 5:12 pm 
MyFootHurts wrote:
Blue Lake trail runs all the way to Road 21 so I think they started clearing it from that end.
Yeah, I am so 23 road oriented that I forget about other access.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSun Apr 30, 2017 8:02 pm 
After further pondering, I do not think the snow has melted enough to get to that part of the Blue Lake trail. I'm thinking they were able to go on the gated 2801 road--it follows the Cispus River on the other side and meets the 23 road up at the upper bridge, where the road turns into a one laner. The snow should be melted along there now.