Forum Index > Trail Talk > shady pass road
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
cambajamba

cambajamba
PostFri May 19, 2017 2:05 pm 
Does anyone know the current snow level on the Shady Pass road from the 25 mile creek side near Lake Chelan? Trying to head up that way to explore - not sure where I can expect snow to turn me around.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
wildernessed
viewbagger

wildernessed
viewbagger
PostFri May 19, 2017 6:14 pm 
I doubt the North side or the Pass itself is open yet but that would be a valuable recon.

Living in the Anthropocene
HitTheTrail

HitTheTrail
PostFri May 19, 2017 6:17 pm 
From the most current Wen/Okn Nat Forest Rec report: Entiat side- updated May 5: "Shady Pass Road Big Hill Road #5900 #112 Shady Pass Road is now gated closed to vehicles due to snow and mud conditions. This is at the instersection of Entiat River Road." Chelan side Updated may 1 "Shady Pass 5900 CLOSED to vehicles above 25 Mile Creek Sno-Park" Since these are a couple weeks old you might give them a call.

cambajamba

cambajamba
PostSat May 20, 2017 6:57 pm 
Happy to report that the Shady Pass road is open to Grouse Mountain campground and the Antilon road seems to be open as far as you want to go. Camped right now with a spectacular view of Lake Chelan. Also I totally proposed to my special lady and outdoors partner extraordinaire and she said yes! Mountain love! Wooo!

Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostSat May 20, 2017 8:20 pm 
up.gif Nice one! Now just head out to Pyramid Peak for the celebration. smile.gif

"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go." (Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart) "Sometimes you're happy. Sometimes you cry. Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky." (Thanks, Tom Petty)
KekistaniProphet
LOL I WIN

KekistaniProphet
LOL I WIN
PostMon May 22, 2017 2:51 pm 
Thanks for the update sire! Did you drive on Antillon/Grade Creek road and if so how far?

cambajamba

cambajamba
PostTue May 23, 2017 9:45 am 
Not sure on mileage but we went two ridges along the Antilon/Grade Creek Road. It was my first time up there so I'm a little unfamiliar. Up around the first corner past the lake, through the wooded "valley" and up around the next couple corners to a nice camp near a creek. Call it maybe five or six miles max. Road was in good shape, lots of rocks and a couple deep but easy puddles. We were in a crossover, it had no issues.